Thread for the third and final week of the song a week challenge. As it's xmas, this one will run untill midnight, 31st December. Then we'll have a break, and we'll start the first friday of 2109 oproperly.
We're uploading stuff to our own soundclouds, and then posting in the thread when done. Song is a song, drums etc don't need to be finished, vocals/bass all a bonus. Last chance to get all those niggles out of the way in your setups before we all start taking this a little more seriously
As it's preseason, any can still join in, even if they didn't submit last week
Recap on last week:
Got more cool entries, getting towards xmas, so people falling off, here's the results in order of submission (Nick gets the gold star for being first)
T Gobbs (*)
jmeezle (well, 1/2)
7 Dying Trees
1) Submissions by end of play 31st of December
2) Even if noone can check, the spirit is writing a song a week
3) No rules on genre, you don't even need to do the same style next week
4) Must be a song, unless you have a very (and I mean the kind that is beyond the ability of mere mortals) good argument for playing the same riff for 3+ minutes it won't fly
5) Entries composed on a tascam or without drums, whatever, also welcome, this is about writing a song, not dressing it up in lipstick and a short skirt
6) If you don't submit, you're eliminated (but you can still keep on submitting anyway as practice, this way the competitives get to be competitive, and the less so inclined still get to join in).
We will not:
1) Make people feel bad about mixing skills by turning this into a mixtest competition, it's about getting a load of us writing to a deadline, this is about writing, not about how awesome your headless kiesel sounds through an axe fx with superior drummer
2) Make people feel bad about how well it's recorded
3) Spam thread with songs we've had lying around for ages or anything non relevant to this competition and it's rules
4) Discourage anyone from participating
5) Tell anyone they suck. Songwriting is a skill, you learn it, some people will be better, others worse, this isn't a pissing competition
6) Steal others work or ideas.