Song a week challenge: (Pre) Season 0, Week 3 (Final for 2018)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Song a week challenge: (Pre) Season 0, Week 3 (Final for 2018)

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Song a week challenge: (Pre) Season 0, Week 3 (Final for 2018)

Thread for the third and final week of the song a week challenge. As it's xmas, this one will run untill midnight, 31st December. Then we'll have a break, and we'll start the first friday of 2109 oproperly.

We're uploading stuff to our own soundclouds, and then posting in the thread when done. Song is a song, drums etc don't need to be finished, vocals/bass all a bonus. Last chance to get all those niggles out of the way in your setups before we all start taking this a little more seriously

As it's preseason, any can still join in, even if they didn't submit last week

Recap on last week:
    Got more cool entries, getting towards xmas, so people falling off, here's the results in order of submission (Nick gets the gold star for being first)

T Gobbs (*)
    Iron1
    astrocreep
    jmeezle (well, 1/2)
    7 Dying Trees

Rules:
    1) Submissions by end of play 31st of December
    2) Even if noone can check, the spirit is writing a song a week
    3) No rules on genre, you don't even need to do the same style next week
    4) Must be a song, unless you have a very (and I mean the kind that is beyond the ability of mere mortals) good argument for playing the same riff for 3+ minutes it won't fly
    5) Entries composed on a tascam or without drums, whatever, also welcome, this is about writing a song, not dressing it up in lipstick and a short skirt
    6) If you don't submit, you're eliminated (but you can still keep on submitting anyway as practice, this way the competitives get to be competitive, and the less so inclined still get to join in).

We will not:
    1) Make people feel bad about mixing skills by turning this into a mixtest competition, it's about getting a load of us writing to a deadline, this is about writing, not about how awesome your headless kiesel sounds through an axe fx with superior drummer
    2) Make people feel bad about how well it's recorded
    3) Spam thread with songs we've had lying around for ages or anything non relevant to this competition and it's rules
    4) Discourage anyone from participating
    5) Tell anyone they suck. Songwriting is a skill, you learn it, some people will be better, others worse, this isn't a pissing competition
    6) Steal others work or ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Can I submit shit I actually wrote and never did anything with years ago? I'd have to blather some leads over it.

ME: Hacked tele and RGs
    MA: Freshman
    Rig: Mesa Mk V:25

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Can I submit shit I actually wrote and never did anything with years ago? I'd have to blather some leads over it.
    I think that's more what the peer pressure thread was going for?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

i had to drop out for last week and probably this week. Busy season and working too many doubles to have any time for anything else.

Def will be in for the new year season 1 though.
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

@chris if you're thowing new stuff on and actually getting 'em done, i say make it so.

it's all about the productivity for me

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Hey chris, if it gets you up and running to join in, go for it. Or post in the peer pressure thread, either is fine, this is just pre season and a way of gertting everyones juices flowing. Like a young girl in her prime. Alledgedly. Althiough that lyric has obviously always had a different meaning for their guitarist.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

It really sucks that all the awesome Manowar-isms are ruined now.

(Sorry for the derail)

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

I know my next few weeks are going to be pretty non-stop with work so I don't know if I'll even be able to keep up after this week. I got home last night thinking I was going to make it into the studio for the entire night but my dad came by and hung out for a few hours. After he left I did some riff farming until I had a few I could work with, then just spent the day arranging it into a song and writing the click track. Banged out guitars and bass surprisingly quick, taking a 10 minute break to have a cocktail then I'm going to either start vocals or the lead.

I tell ya, it's MUCH easier to get into the mood of working on a tune when it's as fresh as this. Normally I would have fired up Red Dead by now but I've been plowing through this tune for 8-9 hours straight today without more than a 5 minute break and I'm too stoked to start screamin' to quit.
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"