Right, we've all dipped our toes in the water, done the pre season, eaten over xmas, and are now faced with the horrid bleakness of January. So, seeing as we have no money, we may as well use all the toys we've acquired and make some music!
So, here we go, first proper season of the SAW challenge. We'll run until there is one standing, or until spring starts.
The winner will gain the respect and admiration of all of us, a virtual imaginary crown made of gold guitars (or a crown of thorns made from the offcuts of strings found in the carpet (by feet) after restringing)
Even if eliminated, you can still play, as it's good practice anyway. Or a good way to try it out.
We'll run a bit longer for the first one, as it's just after new years
1) Submissions by end of play 11th of January
2) Even if noone can check, the spirit is writing a song a week
3) No rules on genre, you don't even need to do the same style next week
4) Must be a song, unless you have a very (and I mean the kind that is beyond the ability of mere mortals) good argument for playing the same riff for 3+ minutes it won't fly
5) Entries composed on a tascam or without drums, whatever, also welcome, this is about writing a song, not dressing it up in lipstick and a short skirt
6) If you don't submit, you're eliminated (but you can still keep on submitting anyway as practice, this way the competitives get to be competitive, and the less so inclined still get to join in).
We will not:
1) Make people feel bad about mixing skills by turning this into a mixtest competition, it's about getting a load of us writing to a deadline, this is about writing, not about how awesome your headless kiesel sounds through an axe fx with superior drummer
2) Make people feel bad about how well it's recorded
3) Spam thread with songs we've had lying around for ages or anything non relevant to this competition and it's rules
4) Discourage anyone from participating
5) Tell anyone they suck. Songwriting is a skill, you learn it, some people will be better, others worse, this isn't a pissing competition
6) Steal others work or ideas.