Song a Week Challenge, Season 1, Week 6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Song a Week Challenge, Season 1, Week 6

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

Damn, dude- you’re a machine. I like what I have going but I’ll probably be in at the last minute because of all the snow shoveling I’ve had to do since last Friday.

I like this- probably my favorite entry of yours so far. Lots of cool little moments in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    Damn, dude- youíre a machine. I like what I have going but Iíll probably be in at the last minute because of all the snow shoveling Iíve had to do since last Friday.

I like this- probably my favorite entry of yours so far. Lots of cool little moments in it.
    Thanks! And now I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do next... But looking forward to hearing yours.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ô - Iím not just a member, Iím the President.
    Donít expect much, itís not like Iím a rocket surgeon.

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Got something done this week. Came up with this sleazy riff and decided to go on with it.

"How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Week 6 entry. Tried to do a bit of a "concept song" and not quite sure it worked, but it's something different and when all is said and done, I kinda like it... kinda...

This made me want to go out and kill zombies.

There's this old flash game called Zombiegrinder 60000 where you run through a ruined city killing zombies while listening to grindcore. While this isn't quite the same music style like in that game, I get that zombie-killing vibe from this.

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Got something done this week. Came up with this sleazy riff and decided to go on with it.

That's good stuff. Has a nice 70s/Retro groove to it without sounding dated or cheesy. Dig it!

This made me want to go out and kill zombies.

There's this old flash game called Zombiegrinder 60000 where you run through a ruined city killing zombies while listening to grindcore. While this isn't quite the same music style like in that game, I get that zombie-killing vibe from this.
    Thanks! That's the second zombie comment I've received... maybe I need to reach out to Kirkman and ask if he needs some Walking Dead tunes...

ME: C-8 Special
    Rig: Jet City

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Week 6 entry. Tried to do a bit of a "concept song" and not quite sure it worked, but it's something different and when all is said and done, I kinda like it... kinda...

Love how groovy it gets when the main riff comes in.

I really hope you had a fog machine going while you recorded that. Very nice!

Kinda ended up with two songs smushed together, but I feel like it more or less works. I'll take any feedback I can get, but if anyone feels like pulling on their sturdiest pair of latex gloves and ripping my drum tracks a new one (primarily in terms of composition), have at it. I feel like I'm still at the point where it's really obvious I'm a non drummer programming drums, and I'm having a really hard time breaking out of that.

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

Quote Originally Posted by T Gobbs View Post
    Kinda ended up with two songs smushed together, but I feel like it more or less works. I'll take any feedback I can get, but if anyone feels like pulling on their sturdiest pair of latex gloves and ripping my drum tracks a new one (primarily in terms of composition), have at it. I feel like I'm still at the point where it's really obvious I'm a non drummer programming drums, and I'm having a really hard time breaking out of that.

I really dig the music and the mood of it. Truthfully, the drums aren't bad at all.

Here's my entry. Somewhat thrashy, and still rough around the edges, mix wise. The verses reminded me of Testament's Trial By Fire (I was gunning for that quick, simple Testament drumming) and the middle section is kind of like Metallica's Breadfan cover. I wanted a specific bass sound similar to Frank Bello from Anthrax or Maiden's Steve Harris but I wasn't sure how to get it. I ended up adding some chorus to the bass, tweak the EQ, and called it good. On to week 7!

Quote Originally Posted by T Gobbs View Post
    Love how groovy it gets when the main riff comes in.

I really hope you had a fog machine going while you recorded that. Very nice!

Nice! I get sort of a early Swallow the Sun vibe from some parts, which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    I really dig the music and the mood of it. Truthfully, the drums aren't bad at all.

Here's my entry. Somewhat thrashy, and still rough around the edges, mix wise. The verses reminded me of Testament's Trial By Fire (I was gunning for that quick, simple Testament drumming) and the middle section is kind of like Metallica's Breadfan cover. I wanted a specific bass sound similar to Frank Bello from Anthrax or Maiden's Steve Harris but I wasn't sure how to get it. I ended up adding some chorus to the bass, tweak the EQ, and called it good. On to week 7!
    The bass does sound cool - not just the sound, but also the bass lines.