Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Song a Week Challenge, Season 1, Week 6

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  T Gobbs 
#1 ·
Into Week 6 of this season, we have no eliminations (still more than welcome to contribute!)

Still in the running are:
Iron1
T Gobbs
scole

Homourable mentions:
Markus
Nick

Rules:
1) Submissions by end of play 15th of February
2) Even if noone can check, the spirit is writing a song a week
3) No rules on genre, you don't even need to do the same style next week
4) Must be a song, unless you have a very (and I mean the kind that is beyond the ability of mere mortals) good argument for playing the same riff for 3+ minutes it won't fly
5) Entries composed on a tascam or without drums, whatever, also welcome, this is about writing a song, not dressing it up in lipstick and a short skirt
6) If you don't submit, you're eliminated (but you can still keep on submitting anyway as practice, this way the competitives get to be competitive, and the less so inclined still get to join in).

We will not:
1) Make people feel bad about mixing skills by turning this into a mixtest competition, it's about getting a load of us writing to a deadline, this is about writing, not about how awesome your headless kiesel sounds through an axe fx with superior drummer
2) Make people feel bad about how well it's recorded
3) Spam thread with songs we've had lying around for ages or anything non relevant to this competition and it's rules
4) Discourage anyone from participating
5) Tell anyone they suck. Songwriting is a skill, you learn it, some people will be better, others worse, this isn't a pissing competition
6) Steal others work or ideas.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Week 6 entry. Tried to do a bit of a "concept song" and not quite sure it worked, but it's something different and when all is said and done, I kinda like it... kinda...

#12 ·
This made me want to go out and kill zombies. :metal:

There's this old flash game called Zombiegrinder 60000 where you run through a ruined city killing zombies while listening to grindcore. While this isn't quite the same music style like in that game, I get that zombie-killing vibe from this. :)

#9 ·
Damn, dude- you’re a machine. I like what I have going but I’ll probably be in at the last minute because of all the snow shoveling I’ve had to do since last Friday.

I like this- probably my favorite entry of yours so far. Lots of cool little moments in it. :yesway:

#10 ·
Damn, dude- you're a machine. I like what I have going but I'll probably be in at the last minute because of all the snow shoveling I've had to do since last Friday.

I like this- probably my favorite entry of yours so far. Lots of cool little moments in it. :yesway:
Thanks! And now I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do next... :lol: But looking forward to hearing yours.

#13 ·
That's good stuff. Has a nice 70s/Retro groove to it without sounding dated or cheesy. Dig it!

This made me want to go out and kill zombies. :metal:

There's this old flash game called Zombiegrinder 60000 where you run through a ruined city killing zombies while listening to grindcore. While this isn't quite the same music style like in that game, I get that zombie-killing vibe from this. :)
Thanks! That's the second zombie comment I've received... maybe I need to reach out to Kirkman and ask if he needs some Walking Dead tunes... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.