Into Week 7 of this season, we have 0 elimination (still more than welcome to contribute!)
Still in the running are:
Final Frenzy of season 1! We have had the same guys for 3 weeks now, so it's time to add some spice. Same rules apply this week, but:
First song submitted = 10 points
Second Song = 9 Points
10th = 1 point, and 1 point for every other song
No submitting unfinished place holder songs, first submission is final per song, no cheating, we'll work a gentlemans honour system here.
The person with the most points at the end of play will be crowned champion of season 1!
1) All Submissions by end of play 1st of March
2) Even if noone can check, the spirit is writing a song a week
3) No rules on genre, you don't even need to do the same style next week
4) Must be a song, unless you have a very (and I mean the kind that is beyond the ability of mere mortals) good argument for playing the same riff for 3+ minutes it won't fly
5) Entries composed on a tascam or without drums, whatever, also welcome, this is about writing a song, not dressing it up in lipstick and a short skirt
6) If you don't submit, you're eliminated (but you can still keep on submitting anyway as practice, this way the competitives get to be competitive, and the less so inclined still get to join in).
We will not:
1) Make people feel bad about mixing skills by turning this into a mixtest competition, it's about getting a load of us writing to a deadline, this is about writing, not about how awesome your headless kiesel sounds through an axe fx with superior drummer
2) Make people feel bad about how well it's recorded
3) Spam thread with songs we've had lying around for ages or anything non relevant to this competition and it's rules
4) Discourage anyone from participating
5) Tell anyone they suck. Songwriting is a skill, you learn it, some people will be better, others worse, this isn't a pissing competition
6) Steal others work or ideas.