Metal Guitarist Forums banner

When should season 2 start?

Song a Week season 2 when to start poll

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
This is to get an idea of when we should start season 2 of the song a week challenge. Vote for poll options, and we'll go from there!

Also, register your interest here, and any qwuestions you might have, and how to get setup/whatever else

#5 ·
I dug it. It did seem to go on for a long time, so maybe do 6 weeks? Or, at least poll everyone and see what the consensus is? Otherwise, I really enjoyed it and the final frenzy was fitting since I had a high fever the 7-8th weeks... :lol:

The only thing I didn't like was having to dig through each thread to find the submissions. Maybe we could do a dedicated submission thread and a dedicated discussion thread for each season?
Good idea. But, make sure to have a new submission thread each week. Otherwise, it gets tricky trying to know what's current and what isn't.

Regarding the "final frenzy" how about this...

Same rules as 1st season. Once the # of people drops to three, it becomes a race to 6 points where 1st person who posts their weekly effort gets 3 points, 2nd person gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point.
Another good idea, although I didn't mind the way it was in the first season.

I'd also love to see/hear a bunch of the submissions in one Soundcloud playlist. Not sure how that would work logistically, but it would be cool to just hit play on a playlist and listen to them all consecutively, like a compilation album. :yesway:

Either and, or, thanks for stewarding this, 7DT, it was a lot of fun and really stretched me to get some songs done. Now I need to get the vox done and final mix downs...

#3 ·
Loved the final frenzy. Great way to decide an actual winner without it dragging on forever. 8 weeks seems like a good length, especially if we can get more people in on this. The only thing I didn't like was having to dig through each thread to find the submissions. Maybe we could do a dedicated submission thread and a dedicated discussion thread for each season?

#4 ·
Regarding the "final frenzy" how about this...

Same rules as 1st season. Once the # of people drops to three, it becomes a race to 6 points where 1st person who posts their weekly effort gets 3 points, 2nd person gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point.

#9 ·
Personally, I don't want to leave it too long, would be good to squeeze 4 seasons into a year.

8 weeks is good, but I'd also maybe want to trigger the final frenzy once there are only 3 or 4 people left depending on participation, and also just at 8 weeks so each season doesn't last too long.

Whilst one thread would be nice, I already had enough issues with finding all the entries in one, we can give it a go though, as 8 threads was equally too many and starts clogging everything up, unless we get a dedicated sub forum.

#11 ·
Judging by the poll, 6th of april seems to be the consesnsus.

We will run for 8 or 12 weeks depending on how many people fall off. If someone wins (by being the only submission) then it ends. If 8/12 weeks has passed, the last of these weeks will be sudden death.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.