Song a Week Season2: Week 2 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Song a Week Season2: Week 2

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

I didn't finish the vocals today and I'm definitely not going to rush them out for this one. I need to get out of this studio for the night, my ears and throat are done. Going to wait 'til the morning before I listen to everyone's submissions, my ears can't take anything else right now.
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post

I didn't finish the vocals today and I'm definitely not going to rush them out for this one. I need to get out of this studio for the night, my ears and throat are done. Going to wait 'til the morning before I listen to everyone's submissions, my ears can't take anything else right now.
    Definitely interested in hearing this with vocals! Sounds like it has good potential.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Not happy with this, got some bits in I like, but structurally it's a mess. Still, better to do something and move on that have nothing
    I really liked this - the synth part in the intro is really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Here's my track, it's pretty short but I've never written a song in only a week before.

It may need a trigger warning, the mids are somewhat... strident. It's the first song I've recorded with my 7621 w/ Crunchlab/Liquifire combo.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the vocals considering I've been sick the entire fucking time
    Yeah, it's pretty difficult to write 8 minute epics in a week - none of my songs have been that long either But I think this is a good way to come up with ideas that can then be developed into more complete songs.

I thought the sounds totally worked. Really wouldn't have guessed you were sick from how the vocals sounded - sounds good. The riffing was cool and the jazzy clean solo totally took me by surprise.

I thought the
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Here's my final version for the week - still no vocals - man, I gotta get my act in gear on that...

I tinkered with the intro a little more, rearranged one part in the middle, added some FX to another middle part, and then cleaned up the tracks/sync etc.

This sounds great - I also think this probably has the best sounds you've posted so far in the SAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    have at thee

did this in one sitting so its rough, will tidy it up though because I like it.
    Brutal
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    have at thee

did this in one sitting so its rough, will tidy it up though because I like it.
    Face. Melted. Awesome shit

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Here's my final version for the week - still no vocals - man, I gotta get my act in gear on that...

I tinkered with the intro a little more, rearranged one part in the middle, added some FX to another middle part, and then cleaned up the tracks/sync etc.

At 3.05 ish, how did you do theat effect? it's really cool, want to steal the technique

Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Here's mine. Something completely different this week - only recorded acoustic guitar and vocals this time.

Nick and Mike coming out with some awesome brutal death metal - and here I am with a pop song.
    It's cool to have something different! I love the variation, i couldn't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Here's my track, it's pretty short but I've never written a song in only a week before.

It may need a trigger warning, the mids are somewhat... strident. It's the first song I've recorded with my 7621 w/ Crunchlab/Liquifire combo.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the vocals considering I've been sick the entire fucking time
    This si cool! Really enjoyed it, cool style and polished too! Can't wait for next week

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post

Dude, the intro is so cool, and love the lead tone, how it just hangs into feedback, it is glorious. Really dig the rhytm tone too, it's great

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

F

At 3.05 ish, how did you do that effect? it's really cool, want to steal the technique
    It's just EQ:

Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

Dude, the intro is so cool, and love the lead tone, how it just hangs into feedback, it is glorious. Really dig the rhytm tone too, it's great
    I should send this one to Digitech once I'm finished as it all started with me fucking around with my Whammy and Freqout pedals. The guitar that starts it all is the Freqout into a Whammy on the 4th/5th setting, the Freqout is on the entire time which is where that theremin-like sound comes from. I think under the chorus' I played some single note stuff higher up, just following the chords.

Oh yeah, that feedback in the solo is also the Freqout!

I briefly went over all the submissions while I'm waking up here in bed, I stopped pretty quick because these all deserve to be heard on proper speakers!!! There's some fucking killer shit from everyone this week!!!

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

I still need to make time to listen to all of these.

I listened to iron1s and James' and both are cool af.

I'm going to finish this season out by turning mine into a mini album as I have a vocalist lined up.

Means I need to stick to the same style though....