Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Song a Week Season2: Week 4

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
Week 4, remember, no eliminations, everyone welcome to join in!

Scores after week 3 are as Follows:

Iron1: 30 points
Nick: 30 Points
7 Dying Trees: 30 points
Markus: 30 points
Connor : 20 points
Rev Drucifer: 10 points
Blankplank: 10 points

The rest of MG.org: a eurovision low point equaling nil points

Instead of eliminations, we will work like thus:

We'll attempt to submit one song a week.

- The first scores you 10 points.
- The second in a week scores you 5 points
- The third, 2 points
- The fourth 1 point, and 1 point for every further song.

If you miss a week, you score 0 points, but, it allows everyone to keep playing until the end. It means people falling ill or ending up with heavy workloads don't get eliminated due to bad luck, and it also means people can start and join in whenever, and play a bit of catch up if they want. 10 points is an incentive to submit weekly, but if something happens, and it's late, you can still play a little catch up.

We'll keep a rolling tally all the way through to week 8, at which point someone will be rewarded with the coveted season 2 crown(*)

Rules:
1) All Submissions by end of play 3rd of May
2) Even if noone can check, the spirit is writing a song a week
3) No rules on genre, you don't even need to do the same style next week
4) Must be a song, unless you have a very (and I mean the kind that is beyond the ability of mere mortals) good argument for playing the same riff for 3+ minutes it won't fly
5) Entries composed on a tascam or without drums, whatever, also welcome, this is about writing a song, not dressing it up in lipstick and a short skirt
6) If you don't submit, you're don't score points.
7) Remember that quality outstrips quantity, don't just post up tons of rubbish to try and win, we're doing this to get writing, someone winning the coveted season 2 crown is a bonus(*)
8) Mixtests don't count, there's another forum for that (ss.org)
9) Submissions to be posted as soundcloud links

We will not:
1) Make people feel bad about mixing skills by turning this into a mixtest competition, it's about getting a load of us writing to a deadline, this is about writing, not about how awesome your headless kiesel sounds through an axe fx with superior drummer
2) Make people feel bad about how well it's recorded
3) Spam thread with songs we've had lying around for ages or anything non relevant to this competition and it's rules
4) Discourage anyone from participating
5) Tell anyone they suck. Songwriting is a skill, you learn it, some people will be better, others worse, this isn't a pissing competition
6) Steal others work or ideas.

Lastly, when commenting on other peoples work:

(*) crown may not be real and instead be made of internet kudos

See less See more
#5 ·
Here's mine for the week... kinda "meh" about it, so may continue tweaking, but we're going out of town Friday for a long weekend, sooooo this may be it...

https://soundcloud.com/iron1/rail-gun-3-1-0

#9 ·
Did some rearranging, then got to the point where I just don't care about this song enough to mess with it anymore... ha.

#13 ·
Just need 2 solos/leads and a little bit of tarting up and I'll have something. Considering this time yesterday I had literally no inspiration and no riffs, I'm actually considering it another great escape...

I'm well pleased everyone is hanging in there as well, it's not easy this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.