Song a Week Season 3: Week 3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 18

Thread: Song a Week Season 3: Week 3

  1. #9


    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Location: Everett, Washington
    ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

    iTrader: 0

    Pretty happy with this entry. Basically put it together over the 3 day weekend and it's in the style of 70s / early 80s album rock like Fastway or Airbourne.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #10


    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Location: Everett, Washington
    ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    Ok, I feel like I have to make my entry early. So much focus on writing songs to my "new band" right now so I cannot think straight if I have to keep this challenge in the back of my head.

    So I made this really fast before going to bed it's a bit short, but I think it at least features more notes than one would ever need

    I just recorded whatever licks I had in mind and then programmed a stupid synth to reinforce all notes. Yes, the bass is programmed too. No way in fucking hell I could play most of this stuff on a bass

    I was waiting for a Jordan Ruddess ragtime bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by KariHV View Post


    I guess we all have to start somewhere. Here is some brometal. Hilariously bad timing on some parts, levels are off and drums are just some Ezdrum grooves.
    There's no brometal signing so the music itself isn't bad at all. The mixing will only get better with time so keep going.

  4. #11


    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: Corpus Christi
    ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    Ok, I feel like I have to make my entry early. So much focus on writing songs to my "new band" right now so I cannot think straight if I have to keep this challenge in the back of my head.

    So I made this really fast before going to bed it's a bit short, but I think it at least features more notes than one would ever need

    I just recorded whatever licks I had in mind and then programmed a stupid synth to reinforce all notes. Yes, the bass is programmed too. No way in fucking hell I could play most of this stuff on a bass

    Holee Fret/Key Board Gymnastics Batman! Wow! Good job, Rocka!

    Quote Originally Posted by KariHV View Post


    I guess we all have to start somewhere. Here is some brometal. Hilariously bad timing on some parts, levels are off and drums are just some Ezdrum grooves.
    Nice first entry! I think the vocals could totally make or break this one - what do you imagine them sounding like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohmer View Post
    aaaaand more dark shit, lol! I've had the last 4 days off so I pretty much locked myself inside my studio, I think I've been outside twice this weekend(no Labor Day BBQ's for me, lol!) It's gonna be a short week and then on the road for 4 days next weekend so I better get this done now, lol!

    So heavy! I bet this would sound soul crushing from stage.

    Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    Pretty happy with this entry. Basically put it together over the 3 day weekend and it's in the style of 70s / early 80s album rock like Fastway or Airbourne.

    Nice. I love Fastway. RIP Fast Eddie.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #12


    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: Corpus Christi
    ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

    iTrader: 0

    Here's mine for the week. I've been totally uninspired lately, hence the title...


  7. #13


    Join Date: Apr 2015
    Location: Sweden
    ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Holee Fret/Key Board Gymnastics Batman! Wow! Good job, Rocka!
    The synths are programmed I cannot play keyboards very well I can play twinkle little star, maybe.

  8. #14


    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Finland
    ME: Schecter Blackjack
    Rig: ENGL Thunder

    iTrader: 0

    Nice first entry! I think the vocals could totally make or break this one - what do you imagine them sounding like?
    Well i kinda hear Chuck Billy in my head when listening to this.

    Thanks everyone for the comments. Gonna do better next week!

  9. #15


    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: Kansas
    ME: Ibanez RGIB6
    MA: Alvarez P.O.S.
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    Pretty happy with this entry. Basically put it together over the 3 day weekend and it's in the style of 70s / early 80s album rock like Fastway or Airbourne.

    Seriously rockin' fun man! Well done!

  10. #16


    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: Kansas
    ME: Ibanez RGIB6
    MA: Alvarez P.O.S.
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Here's mine for the week. I've been totally uninspired lately, hence the title...

    Killer industrial vibe, bass drops, just all around cool and crushing

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge