Song a Week Season 3: Week 3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Song a Week Season 3: Week 3

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Song a Week Season 3: Week 3

Week 3, season 3, sorry for the late start (again). The spirit again is to write a song a week. Everything's been a bit slack with timings, but I should be back on it from this week.

astrocreep 20pts
    Bohmer 20pts
    Rocka_Rollas 20pts
    Iron1 10pts
    TheKindred 10 pts
    Markus 10pts
    T_Gobbs 10pts
    scole 10pts
    The rest of MG.org: Nada, zilch, zip

Instead of eliminations, we will work like thus:

We'll attempt to submit one song a week.

- The first scores you 10 points.
    - The second in a week scores you 7 points
    - The third, 5 points
    - The fourth 2 point, and 1 point for every further song.

If you miss a week, you score 0 points, but, it allows everyone to keep playing until the end. It means people falling ill or ending up with heavy workloads don't get eliminated due to bad luck, and it also means people can start and join in whenever, and play a bit of catch up if they want. 10 points is an incentive to submit weekly, but if something happens, and it's late, you can still play a little catch up.

We'll keep a rolling tally all the way through to week 8, at which point someone will be rewarded with the coveted season 3 crown(*)

Rules:
    1) All Submissions by end of play 6th of September
    2) Even if noone can check, the spirit is writing a song a week
    3) No rules on genre, you don't even need to do the same style next week
    4) Must be a song, unless you have a very (and I mean the kind that is beyond the ability of mere mortals) good argument for playing the same riff for 3+ minutes it won't fly
    5) Entries composed on a tascam or without drums, whatever, also welcome, this is about writing a song, not dressing it up in lipstick and a short skirt
    6) If you don't submit, you're don't score points.
    7) Remember that quality outstrips quantity, don't just post up tons of rubbish to try and win, we're doing this to get writing, someone winning the coveted season 3 crown is a bonus(*)
    8) Mixtests don't count, there's another forum for that (ss.org)
    9) Submissions to be posted as soundcloud links

We will not:
    1) Make people feel bad about mixing skills by turning this into a mixtest competition, it's about getting a load of us writing to a deadline, this is about writing, not about how awesome your headless kiesel sounds through an axe fx with superior drummer
    2) Make people feel bad about how well it's recorded
    3) Spam thread with songs we've had lying around for ages or anything non relevant to this competition and it's rules
    4) Discourage anyone from participating
    5) Tell anyone they suck. Songwriting is a skill, you learn it, some people will be better, others worse, this isn't a pissing competition
    6) Steal others work or ideas.

(*) crown does not exist. Like the cake, it is a lie

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Right, from this week, all entries after midnight in the furthest time zone on friday (so about noon UK time on saturday) will count towards the next week, so get them in! As soon as the next week thread is posted, then the previous week's one is closed. Sorry for being a bit slack (like a djent kid's strings after tuning down to drop Z) on this one so far

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Ok, I feel like I have to make my entry early. So much focus on writing songs to my "new band" right now so I cannot think straight if I have to keep this challenge in the back of my head.

So I made this really fast before going to bed it's a bit short, but I think it at least features more notes than one would ever need

I just recorded whatever licks I had in mind and then programmed a stupid synth to reinforce all notes. Yes, the bass is programmed too. No way in fucking hell I could play most of this stuff on a bass

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGIB6
    MA: Alvarez P.O.S.
    MB: Warwick

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    Ok, I feel like I have to make my entry early. So much focus on writing songs to my "new band" right now so I cannot think straight if I have to keep this challenge in the back of my head.

So I made this really fast before going to bed it's a bit short, but I think it at least features more notes than one would ever need

I just recorded whatever licks I had in mind and then programmed a stupid synth to reinforce all notes. Yes, the bass is programmed too. No way in fucking hell I could play most of this stuff on a bass

Love it! Maybe I hear a bit of Freak Kitchen in there, it's just plain fun, diggin it!

ME: Schecter Blackjack
    Rig: ENGL Thunder

I guess we all have to start somewhere. Here is some brometal. Hilariously bad timing on some parts, levels are off and drums are just some Ezdrum grooves.

Quote Originally Posted by KariHV View Post

I guess we all have to start somewhere. Here is some brometal. Hilariously bad timing on some parts, levels are off and drums are just some Ezdrum grooves.
    Even with the levels off a bit, still killer, I dig what you got going on

aaaaand more dark shit, lol! I've had the last 4 days off so I pretty much locked myself inside my studio, I think I've been outside twice this weekend(no Labor Day BBQ's for me, lol!) It's gonna be a short week and then on the road for 4 days next weekend so I better get this done now, lol!

ME: Hacked tele and RGs
    MA: Freshman
    Rig: Mesa Mk V:25

Quote Originally Posted by Bohmer View Post
    aaaaand more dark shit, lol!
    Music to murder people to!