Song a Week Season 3: Week 8 (Final!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Song a Week Season 3: Week 8 (Final!)

ME: LTD H7, S540LTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Bohmer View Post

As for the bass and guitar sound, I think it sounds great, definitely more defined, especially the cleans. I'm not sure if it's how you mixed it but I can definitely hear the bass a lot better, great work man
    Thanks, B. The bass is thru an Ampeg SVT sim - love it. Left guitar is a 5150 sim, right is an Ubershall. Got to tone fiddling last night and found ways to improve them both - love this little HXS. Overall, at least for me, everything is more clear, more definied and easier to isolate in my mind when listening to the full mix. Not as many stray, unwanted frequencies as I was getting with the HD500x and 6505.

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    I'd have to go back and listen to some of your earlier efforts to refresh my memory but this sounds on par with your other stuff. Seems like it's fitting into your workflow pretty nicely.

Ok, gotta admit that I'm kinda glad this is the last week. I'll be out of town all next week so I wouldn't be able to write anything for next week anyways. At least I reached the finish line again. This week's entry is some pentatonic based blues metal.

Congrats to Bohmer, Iron1, and everyone else for joining in. Hope everyone else got what they wanted out of the process.
    I can hear vocals on this, but can't quite pinpoint who the singer is I'm hearing... but definitely a late 80s hair band guy. Good job with the retro vibe! And congrats to you, hope it's helped you grow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocreep View Post
    Cool! That the USB straight to DAW?
    1/4" out to Scarlett 2i2 to DAW. I know I can run the HSX straight to DAW, but my Scarlett is acting as a hub for all my audio, so it was just easier to run it that way. Can't recommend this HSX enough. The more I tinker with it the more exciting it is and more inspired I get.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGIB6
    MA: Alvarez P.O.S.
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    Ok, gotta admit that I'm kinda glad this is the last week. I'll be out of town all next week so I wouldn't be able to write anything for next week anyways. At least I reached the finish line again. This week's entry is some pentatonic based blues metal.

Congrats to Bohmer, Iron1, and everyone else for joining in. Hope everyone else got what they wanted out of the process.
    That rocks man!! For me it hits something of a Great White vibe, love it, love your playing, well done!

Thanks to 7DT for putting it up and keeping it rolling and to everyone that jumped in and had fun. I learned a lot from everyone(seriously talented crew here!)

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Final standings as Bohmer is crowned King of season 3, with a perfect 1 a week score!! Congratulations!

Bohmer 80pts
    Iron1 70pts
    scole 70pts
    astrocreep 40pts
    Rocka_Rollas 30pts
    Markus 20pts
    7deadlysins 10pts
    TheKindred 10 pts
    T_Gobbs 10pts
    KarlHV 10 pts

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Final standings as Bohmer is crowned King of season 3, with a perfect 1 a week score!! Congratulations!

Bohmer 80pts
    Iron1 70pts
    scole 70pts
    astrocreep 40pts
    Rocka_Rollas 30pts
    Markus 20pts
    7deadlysins 10pts
    TheKindred 10 pts
    T_Gobbs 10pts
    KarlHV 10 pts
    Good job Bohmer and everyone else! I suck and take months to write one song