Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Interest in Song a Week cover edition?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Lozek 
#1 ·
Is anyone interested in a song a week cover edition? I know not everyone is into writing, or has the time, but might be up for doing a cover a week?

The rules would be that you need to produce a recording of a cover a week. Can be a cover of any song, in any style. This can be a song you already know, or one you want to learn, the only rule being it has to be recorded in the week leading up to submissions. Will not require a video, I personally don't care if you recorded it in one take or not, and don't like one man upmanship about "oh you didn't play that solo in one take etc". The point would be to get recording, using your DAWs and practicing and learning something new without the pressure of needing to write a song every week.

So, any interest? How many weeks should it run?

#7 ·
OK, also, by cover, i really mean cover in the true spirit of cover, as in, if it's unrecognisable (see nevermore the sound of silence) or completely your own, all cool. If you want to do a Dillinger and totally plagiarise it, also cool.

So, how many weeks should we run this? And when would we start?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.