Lead a week - need your input

Thread: Lead a week - need your input

ME: LTD H7, S540LTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Lead a week - need your input

Let's get this Lead A Week thing going.

Here are a few ideas I'm batting around - would love some input on these so we can get as many folks participating as possible.

Time/Length
    - We should probably run this in-between Song A Week Challenges, so there's no time-conflict for those who want to do both.
    - Should we start as soon as the current SAW ends?
    - Should we run the same number of weeks SAW runs? More? Less?

Backing Tracks
    - How about we use the prior SAW for backing tracks? Each Lead A Week week can correspond to the prior SAW season week. I.e. Lead A Week Week 2 players can choose any entry from SAW Week 2 to use as a backing track?
    ***this gives lead players some freedom to choose different styles, but limits the number of tracks to solo over
    ***problems with this might be that some of us delete SAW entries from our Soundcloud for various reasons...
    - Having a set pool of backing tracks from where ever on the 'netz to use
    - Having someone create backing tracks each week

Points/Rules
    - How about we just stick with what 7DT has rolling in SAW and CAW for easy to remember structure and minimized confusion.

Ok, gimme your thoughts.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Time/Length
    - We should probably run this in-between Song A Week Challenges, so there's no time-conflict for those who want to do both.
    May as well run at same time, guys doing CAW aren't doing SAW, and LAW guys will probably not be peeps doing the other. Also, I'd probably just bash together something quickly for LAW and participate in one of the other ones as well maybe.

- Should we start as soon as the current SAW ends?
    I'd start as soon as really, do a trial run

- Should we run the same number of weeks SAW runs? More? Less?
    Should be able to fibure that out from a trial run, but the same sounds cool

Backing Tracks
    - How about we use the prior SAW for backing tracks? Each Lead A Week week can correspond to the prior SAW season week. I.e. Lead A Week Week 2 players can choose any entry from SAW Week 2 to use as a backing track?
    -> No, don't think this'll fly that well, plus the hassle of getting said track in a form that can be used. Sounds like a lot of hassle. I'd stick to either finding some templates, free backing tracks, or asking anyone if they want to donate something.

***this gives lead players some freedom to choose different styles, but limits the number of tracks to solo over
    ***problems with this might be that some of us delete SAW entries from our Soundcloud for various reasons...
    - Having a set pool of backing tracks from where ever on the 'netz to use
    -> This.

- Having someone create backing tracks each week
    -> As above, ask people for donations.

Points/Rules
    - How about we just stick with what 7DT has rolling in SAW and CAW for easy to remember structure and minimized confusion.
    -> Seems to work fairly well.

One thing I'd say, is to not make the backing track long. Stick to a set length, probably around the same length as guitar solo contests use, whatever length that is. Possibly things that have a tempo/key change whatever in them, to stop it just being one riff over and over.