MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 1, week 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 35

Thread: MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 1, week 2

  1. #9


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Kitchen/Laundry Room
    ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Did the LAW. It's a little choppy because I was having a helluva time melting stuff together but th'ur it is. Ride out is a blatant Bark at the Moon knockoff, but I have zero shame.

    Argbadh - RHLC©

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #10


    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: Corpus Christi
    ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Another cover from me this week, let's see if I still manage to do something else as well.

    Was in the mood for some doom, so this is "Footprints" by Warning.

    Great atmosphere to that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Did the LAW. It's a little choppy because I was having a helluva time melting stuff together but th'ur it is. Ride out is a blatant Bark at the Moon knockoff, but I have zero shame.

    Nice job - doesn't sound choppy to me, but I get how it might for you - my own worst critic lives in my skin, too. Welcome to SAW.

    Just need to record the bass lines on my entry for this week and I'll have it submitted - hoping to have time to do that today...
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

  4. #11


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Kitchen/Laundry Room
    ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Nice job - doesn't sound choppy to me, but I get how it might for you - my own worst critic lives in my skin, too. Welcome to SAW.
    Thanks! I actually tried to do last week's but a minute+ of leading is harder than I expected. Just as hard to do this week actually, but I knew what procrastinating and being a perfectionist got me, so I just committed to it this time; which seems like the only way to get these done.

    I like a few of the ideas I've got in there. It's punched to hell and back but not for the sake of clean takes, I jammed this straight through a couple times and relistened and decided some parts were less cohesive than others, so I cut out sections and jammed over them till I had something that I liked.

    It's not proper CAW/SAW/LAW but if I do a lead best week, I might just snip a shorter piece of it.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #12


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Helsinki, Finland
    ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Thanks! I actually tried to do last week's but a minute+ of leading is harder than I expected. Just as hard to do this week actually, but I knew what procrastinating and being a perfectionist got me, so I just committed to it this time; which seems like the only way to get these done.

    I like a few of the ideas I've got in there. It's punched to hell and back but not for the sake of clean takes, I jammed this straight through a couple times and relistened and decided some parts were less cohesive than others, so I cut out sections and jammed over them till I had something that I liked.

    It's not proper CAW/SAW/LAW but if I do a lead best week, I might just snip a shorter piece of it.
    There were some great ideas in that solo, and sounds to me like the choppiness is mostly there because they're separate takes, not because the parts don't flow together.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

  7. #13


    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: Corpus Christi
    ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Thanks! I actually tried to do last week's but a minute+ of leading is harder than I expected. Just as hard to do this week actually, but I knew what procrastinating and being a perfectionist got me, so I just committed to it this time; which seems like the only way to get these done.

    I like a few of the ideas I've got in there. It's punched to hell and back but not for the sake of clean takes, I jammed this straight through a couple times and relistened and decided some parts were less cohesive than others, so I cut out sections and jammed over them till I had something that I liked.

    It's not proper CAW/SAW/LAW but if I do a lead best week, I might just snip a shorter piece of it.
    Hey, but that's the heart of this: just get it done. Then, after we can go back and make 'em better.

    Here's mine for this week. Guitars are entirely the Elysian Trident II (with the exception of the second 'clean' part), including the part where I use a slide for the first time ever - and make SRV roll over in his grave...



  8. #14


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Helsinki, Finland
    ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Hey, but that's the heart of this: just get it done. Then, after we can go back and make 'em better.

    Here's mine for this week. Guitars are entirely the Elysian Trident II (with the exception of the second 'clean' part), including the part where I use a slide for the first time ever - and make SRV roll over in his grave...


    Cool with some thrash metal vibes - that sounds really good.

  9. #15


    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Location: Everett, Washington
    ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

    iTrader: 0

    I agree with Markus about the thrashy feel. Also, sounds like your up-tuned this time around!

  10. #16


    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: Corpus Christi
    ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Cool with some thrash metal vibes - that sounds really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    I agree with Markus about the thrashy feel. Also, sounds like your up-tuned this time around!
    Thanks guys. Yeah, this is back to E Standard 'cause: Floyd Rose...

    I think the thrashy part came in from listening to Sacred Reich after seeing the news Jason died.

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge