MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 1, week 3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 1, week 3

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

That was an idea that never made it into my thrash band, so it'll be in Eb. Key starts in Fm then moves to Ebm IIRC.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    That was an idea that never made it into my thrash band, so it'll be in Eb. Key starts in Fm then moves to Ebm IIRC.
    Good stuff. If I could actually play a lead I'd be all over that.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I’m taking off from work a bit early today as I’ve been cooped up in my office all week and I’m going stir crazy. I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining to be at work as I know people are stuck doing the same thing in their homes without pay right now, but it’s also a bit of a burden to have to expose myself daily when I can do 98% of my job from home...while playing my guitar.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Had some really cool inspiration when I started this one, then the week sucked the life outta me, hence the title...

File this under "give me my 10 points so I can move on"...

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Did a partial LAW, as I warned of last week Would rather stick with doing a finite section I feel like I can "write" something for as opposed to a minute and a half of noodling. Matt also made it especially hard with all those damn chord changes

One take. Right before the sweeps sounds choppy like a punch because I couldn't get a uniform resolve before that, so i just paused. Panning and volume done in post obv. EDIT: Feedback is an Ebow in 'harmonic mode'

Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Had some really cool inspiration when I started this one, then the week sucked the life outta me, hence the title...

Hard to be inspired every week. There's definitely some nice ideas there anyway, almost death-doom like.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Did a partial LAW, as I warned of last week Would rather stick with doing a finite section I feel like I can "write" something for as opposed to a minute and a half of noodling. Matt also made it especially hard with all those damn chord changes

One take. Right before the sweeps sounds choppy like a punch because I couldn't get a uniform resolve before that, so i just paused. Panning and volume done in post obv. EDIT: Feedback is an Ebow in 'harmonic mode'

The ebow stuff is really cool, I've been considering a sustainer/sustainiac to be able to do those.

I'm working on more doom - trying to do some vocals as well, but writing lyrics isn't really my thing.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    The ebow stuff is really cool, I've been considering a sustainer/sustainiac to be able to do those.

I'm working on more doom - trying to do some vocals as well, but writing lyrics isn't really my thing.
    Thanks. I bought the ebow to go with the fretless build I posted some time ago (haven't done much with it though). Most of the ebow work is inspired by Fountainhead but this particular track was kinda inspired by the solo from 'Motherload' by Mastodon.

Inability to write lyrics was actually one of the main hurdles I had in songwriting. There was a thread I posted on here that was very therapeutic and opening myself up to lyric writing went a long way toward unsticking my music writing overall. I find that the same internal critic that is overly critical of lyrics is the same internal critic that slows the songwriting process. Food for thought.

I've got a mountain of ideas over the last few years and even made some progress on recording them (2 to 3 albums worth!) I just moved in the last year and haven't had an adequate recording station since then. Would like to contribute some full songs or pieces if I can resolve my workflow.