So, here we are, week 6 of the mg.org something for everyone challenge. Born out of some people liking doing covers, whilst others like writing songs, with a combination of a few people just not having enough time to do full songs (hence the lead a week). Do one, 2 or all 3. Also, it means I only have to track one of these per week.
The point totals after week 5 are as follows:
Rev Drucifer: 70
T Gobbs: 10
Mr S: 10
Rules are simple, do 1-3 things every week, Post your creations in the weekly thread as soundcloud/youtube links. I'm aiming to get various contributions for backing tracks, each one will be credited to the author. As it's the first week I'm doing a dropbox download, but we should get some dedicated hosting or something like that courtesy of chris. If you gave me a backing track, then you get bonus 10 points too, I am instigating that, as work should be rewarded. And points mean prizes (whatever that means)
The deadline for this week is end of play, Sunday 19th April
- You have until sunday midnight/monday morning to post your submission
- Either do an original song, a cover/medley or a lead over the provided backing track per week.
- Submissions must be stuff you've done this week, no matter how awesome an old track/recording is
- 10 points for each submission, per category.
- submissions as souncloud or youtube links. Well, as long as it is playable from a post in the thread really.
- You can do multiple entries per category, but only the first one will score points.
- no eliminations, do your stuff as and when you can
- leads can be layer, melodies, you can chop and rearrange the track, whatever floats your boat really
- Don't be a dick to other people. You can go to ss.org for that.
- Don't steal other peoples songs
- Don't steal backing tracks or pass it off as your own, give credit where it's due if you want to share your awesome yngwie malmsteen unleash the fjokking fjury face melting solo.
This weeks backing track is a mad scramble to find something, so since everyone liked scloes, here's another non trash one. 100bpm and no idea on key piece found on my hard drive and that i've had for a while:
I'm constantly looking for LAW backing tracks, so, if you have something 1-1m30 (or a bit longer if slow) that you wish to donate, PM me. You get 10 points for being charitable and offering up a piece of music!
Have fun peoples!