MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 1, week 8 - Frenzy Edition! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 1, week 8 - Frenzy Edition!

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    I fell off the earth the last 3 weeks with a combination of writer's block and an outside commitment that took up my time. Great to see some new blood in the mix this time around, tho!
    Yeah, I was sort of burned out with writing halfway through - figured I'd just post a bunch of covers after that. It was good to learn some covers though, "Face of Melinda" especially was a little out of my comfort zone when it comes to playing and really forced me to practice, while when writing songs I find I seldom write anything that I need to practice to be able to play.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

8 weeks is really tough, i only managed one

ME: DC727
    MB: SR505

I, too, was burnt out, and also happened to be quite busy with work and school for the last few weeks.

Congrats to Budda!

Thanks again to everyone who donated a backing track, and special thanks to 7DT for managing the whole thing

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Great job folks and congrats Budda. Really put the pedal to the floor at the end there Thanks 7DT and everyone that provided backing tracks.

I made the mistake of trying to do a cover a few weeks ago and it was a miserable amount of work and not a result I wanted after I put 4 hours into it. Couldn't get up the excitement to even open the thread or my recording computer after that. Gonna use it as a learning experience for next time.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Congrats Budda - great work!

And thanks to everyone who contributed - definitely a lot of super-cool listening material this season.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

I like to think I got a bit better at recording as it went on. I'm now trying to mix my own material for release, so thanks for the push to play consistently!