Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Backing Track (Lead a Week) submission thread

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  146 
#1 ·
Once I hyave 10 backing tracks contributed, I'll start the song/cover/lead a week again.

Use this thread to express interest, or to force others to realize they can contribute!

#2 ·
People who can actually make various metal backing tracks, get 'er done!

Because I can't make a metal backing track :lol:.

Haven't played guitar much the last week, but I'll get one or two tracks done this week.

#4 ·
Don't think there is one. "You Suffer" by Napalm Death is perhaps a bit short, but otherwise anything goes. I personally often have problems coming up with leads that are longer than a minute or so, at least if there aren't clear changes in the feel of the backing track. I at least wouldn't mind some shorter tracks as well.

#12 ·
OW!! Just OOOWWW!! Man, hope it heals quick, I've heard those are nasty painful.

I can write some riffs people can solo over, just don't know all the mystical, magical theory mumbo-jumbo that someone who actually knows anything about leads understands when doing so. Also, couldn't we just pull stuff from older submissions (with owner of said songs permission, obviously)

#13 ·
Thanks. It hurt, but it wasn't incredibly painful. The thing that sucks is that it will take a LONG time to heal fully (even more than a year), and I might be walking on crutches for a pretty long time, possibly a few months.

I agree that it might be a good idea to use some of the SAW tracks from the previous seasons. I can check if some of the ones I made could work if I remove the leads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.