MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 2, week 1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 2, week 1

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

No surprise that Iron1 would be the first one in. Dude is a machine. I like the breakdown in the middle but I love beats with the hi hats on the "and" of the beat.

Here's mine. the other week Vinnie Moore's "Free" popped up in my music library and I wanted to write something like that.....but ended up with this. Oh well. Part of me wants to work on the solo a little more but I got too many other things to do this weekend so here it is..

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

I'll post up what I've got so far, as well. I'd like to clean-up the rhythms a bit, maybe add some leads/noodles here and there. It definitely needs lyrics, but I haven't sang in months (I was doing half singing duties in my ZZ Top tribute band), so I think I'll hold off on those for now, but leads and diddles can be done up by Sunday for sure...

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

Crushing intro!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: HT7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: EX455
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    No surprise that Iron1 would be the first one in. Dude is a machine. I like the breakdown in the middle but I love beats with the hi hats on the "and" of the beat.

Here's mine. the other week Vinnie Moore's "Free" popped up in my music library and I wanted to write something like that.....but ended up with this. Oh well. Part of me wants to work on the solo a little more but I got too many other things to do this weekend so here it is..

I can totally hear Stephen Pearcy singing to this. Great job! And, glad you dig my entry - unfortunately it'll be my last one for at least a few weeks, if not the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I'll post up what I've got so far, as well. I'd like to clean-up the rhythms a bit, maybe add some leads/noodles here and there. It definitely needs lyrics, but I haven't sang in months (I was doing half singing duties in my ZZ Top tribute band), so I think I'll hold off on those for now, but leads and diddles can be done up by Sunday for sure...

This is dirty, heavy, nasty & angry - in other words, all the things I love. Like Scole's I could hear vocals on it, but more a Chris Cornell effort than a Pearcy one.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

some br00tz

admittedly i got really sick of this song and the shit solo so it is what it is

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post

So, this song was written with his bass and will appear on that aforementioned EP, that should drop early next year. Bossier is going to mix & master it at Oblivion Studios, and we're hoping to get it promoted all over to help his widow and grandkids who live with them out financially.

All that to say, I wrote/recorded it in a week, just not this week. The studio we built in his basement back in the 90s was called "Sound Wizard Studios" and he was dubbed "The Sound Wizard" hence the title...

Had a listen to this now. Great thrashy stuff, really interested in hearing what the final version sounds like with vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post

That's some great 80's style riffing and the tone fits it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

I like it. Crushing sounding riffs!
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Thanks guys

I added a key change, and added a bit more flair during the 3rd chorus, and a nice fat floor tom at the very end ...

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Here's mine

Relatively satisfied with the result - it does need some polishing, but I can do that sometime later.