MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 2, week 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 2, week 2

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever recorded. Here's a cover of Mesh's cover of In My Dreams

I didn't have time to finish it (and also started coming to the realization that this cover is a huge waste of time ) so here's about half of it.

Edit: if you're wondering why it sounds so weird, it's because the vocals and bass are in E tuned down 1/4 step, while the guitars are in D. The funky tuning of the original is probably why all of Mesh's attempts sounded so weird.
    IT LIVES!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

So, you know how it goes... you start a song, and it's the biggest pile of trash you've ever heard in your life, so you furiously write a new one. Then you go back to the first one, realize it's more a major than a minor, tweak it, and then it's actually not that bad.

Anyways, here's my two songs for this week

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever recorded. Here's a cover of Mesh's cover of In My Dreams

I didn't have time to finish it (and also started coming to the realization that this cover is a huge waste of time ) so here's about half of it.

Edit: if you're wondering why it sounds so weird, it's because the vocals and bass are in E tuned down 1/4 step, while the guitars are in D. The funky tuning of the original is probably why all of Mesh's attempts sounded so weird.
    It's over. The internet has been won

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So, you know how it goes... you start a song, and it's the biggest pile of trash you've ever heard in your life, so you furiously write a new one. Then you go back to the first one, realize it's more a major than a minor, tweak it, and then it's actually not that bad.

Anyways, here's my two songs for this week

These both have so much chunk to them. That bass tone and the sludgy/thick/heavy guitar is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    These both have so much chunk to them. That bass tone and the sludgy/thick/heavy guitar is just awesome.
    Thanks! That's what I'm going for

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Taylor 310CE
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Great stuff from everyone this week (except me ).

Cool old-school thrash feel in Nick's contribution. Scole's track has a really cool atmosphere and the tracks really well with each other, and some tasty melodic soloing. Awesome playing from Vince as usual, and Leon brings the chunky riffs. Schreck showing that if you put a cool riff behind a pop vocal line it can work in metal too.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Really cool from everyone! I still need to get some time to do this weeks thread, but you all know the score

Due to no time, and noone using the LAW track, i'll keep that the same unless there's objections

ME: DC727
    MB: SR505

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Due to no time, and noone using the LAW track, i'll keep that the same unless there's objections
    I don't think Budda's from week 1 got used either, so maybe open it up to allow either one?