MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 2, week 7

Thread: MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 2, week 7

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

MG.ORG song, cover and lead challenge season 2, week 7

So, here we are, week 7 of the mg.org something for everyone challenge. We'll keep going until 8 weeks, so including this one, 2 more weeks to go! Nick looked like he was in control of the competition, but is now neck and neck with scole on points with 2 weeks to go

Hope to hear more this week, keep it coming shredders!

Points totals so far:
    Nick: 60pts
    Scole: 60pts
    Valtteri: 40pts
    Markus: 40pts
    Leon: 20pts
    schreckmusic: 20pts
    7DT: 20 points
    Vince: 20pts
    Buddha: 10pts
    Iron1: 10pts

This was born out of some people liking doing covers, whilst others like writing songs, with a combination of a few people just not having enough time to do full songs (hence the lead a week). Do one, 2 or all 3. Also, it means I only have to track one of these per week.

Rules are simple, do 1-3 things every week, Post your creations in the weekly thread as soundcloud/youtube links. I'm aiming to get various contributions for backing tracks, each one will be credited to the author. As it's the first week I'm doing a dropbox download, but we should get some dedicated hosting or something like that courtesy of chris.

The deadline for this week is end of play, Sunday 10th January

Short rules:
    - You have until sunday midnight/monday morning to post your submission
    - Either do an original song, a cover/medley or a lead over the provided backing track per week.
    - Submissions must be stuff you've done this week, no matter how awesome an old track/recording is
    - 10 points for each submission, per category.
    - submissions as souncloud or youtube links. Well, as long as it is playable from a post in the thread really.
    - You can do multiple entries per category, but only the first one will score points.
    - no eliminations, do your stuff as and when you can
    - leads can be layer, melodies, you can chop and rearrange the track, whatever floats your boat really
    - Don't be a dick to other people. You can go to ss.org for that.
    - Don't steal other peoples songs
    - Don't steal backing tracks or pass it off as your own, give credit where it's due if you want to share your awesome yngwie malmsteen unleash the fjokking fjury face melting solo.

LAW Track(s):

Just going to keep them all available, more choice, so have at whichever one you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwc25b4gzi...20mp3.mp3?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iskl8xqn8...pcQWpbGha?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4xmopfyj7...00bpm.mp3?dl=0

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

I was in control of nothing last week, especially not my alcohol intake...

Comeback incoming!

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

been wanting to do the post rock/metal thing for ages as cult of luna are one of my favourite bands. Saw some guy advertising recently as a drummer for that sort of thing so got in touch. obviously cant do anything as currently in full lockdown but started on some ideas and got some good stuff already (IMO) First 3 mins of the second song needs work structure and riffs wise but it flows well after that. Just demos so tones and mix etc is shite on both of them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

I'm in as well. Tried adding some 80s keyboard textures like Autograph did..

ME: HT7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: EX455
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

been wanting to do the post rock/metal thing for ages as cult of luna are one of my favourite bands. Saw some guy advertising recently as a drummer for that sort of thing so got in touch. obviously cant do anything as currently in full lockdown but started on some ideas and got some good stuff already (IMO) First 3 mins of the second song needs work structure and riffs wise but it flows well after that. Just demos so tones and mix etc is shite on both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    I'm in as well. Tried adding some 80s keyboard textures like Autograph did..

Good stuff guys! Scole, love that guitar tone!
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.