So, here we are, week 7 of the mg.org something for everyone challenge. We'll keep going until 8 weeks, so including this one, 2 more weeks to go! Nick looked like he was in control of the competition, but is now neck and neck with scole on points in this final week. Nick tried submitting 2 tracks last week, but as they were kind of the same, only one counts according to the rules....well, the rules last week!
So, for this week, everything submitted gets points. No limits per category, so may the most prolific win!
Points totals so far:
7DT: 20 points
This was born out of some people liking doing covers, whilst others like writing songs, with a combination of a few people just not having enough time to do full songs (hence the lead a week). Do one, 2 or all 3. Also, it means I only have to track one of these per week.
Rules are simple, do 1-3 things every week, Post your creations in the weekly thread as soundcloud/youtube links. I'm aiming to get various contributions for backing tracks, each one will be credited to the author. As it's the first week I'm doing a dropbox download, but we should get some dedicated hosting or something like that courtesy of chris.
The deadline for this week is end of play, Sunday 10th January
- You have until sunday midnight/monday morning to post your submission
- Either do an original song, a cover/medley or a lead over the provided backing track per week.
- Submissions must be stuff you've done this week, no matter how awesome an old track/recording is
- 10 points for each submission, per category (Not THIS week though, see above, no limits).
- submissions as soundcloud or youtube links. Well, as long as it is playable from a post in the thread really.
- You can do multiple entries per category, but only the first one will score points.
- no eliminations, do your stuff as and when you can
- leads can be layer, melodies, you can chop and rearrange the track, whatever floats your boat really
- Don't be a dick to other people. You can go to ss.org for that.
- Don't steal other peoples songs
- Don't steal backing tracks or pass it off as your own, give credit where it's due if you want to share your awesome yngwie malmsteen unleash the fjokking fjury face melting solo.
Just going to keep them all available, more choice, so have at whichever one you want.