Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Who among you does the best death metal vocals?

10K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  Lit Tarzan 
#1 ·
I have a bunch of tracks I'd like to get vocals for. I know it's a long shot, but figured I'd ask.

#6 ·
It's the only course you have when you suck at real singing.

Just do it yourself dude. Every subgenre of extreme metal started from like, dudes who couldn't find actual singers for their bands. Everyone is an extreme metal vocalist. You can literally go into any place where metal heads congregate and you'll get 5-6 d"vocalists" right away.

I don't think there is any regular here who does like, guttural Death Metal vocals... Beard might. Crooks stuff on the Foots Game disc is pretty cool too.

#10 ·
^^^:lol:

#16 ·
I'm sorry but that music sux and those are not vocals :lol:

This is much better :yesway:

#20 ·
I was a death metal singer in the 90s. Trying to put some tracks on my songs now, but 20 years of rust is taking it's time coming off... not to mention I used to be young and angry, now I'm just old and confused...

Here's the only half way decent representation of it from back then that's made it to the internetz.

This was a friend's band who wanted me to mix my death metal voice with how I sang for Ironchrist, so you have to listen to the whole thing to pick out the DM parts...

Reactions: watson503
#22 ·
Thanks, yeah, not a full-on DM throat there, but once I'm done with the song I'm working on now I'll share it with ya.

Any examples of a voice similar to what you want?

#24 ·
Sorry dude. Not the kind of thing I'm after.

Thanks, yeah, not a full-on DM throat there, but once I'm done with the song I'm working on now I'll share it with ya.

Any examples of a voice similar to what you want?
Yeah, do.

I guess the Soreption or the original Scar Symmetry vocalists are in the ballpark. :yesway:

#31 · (Edited)
I actually just started death metal vocals a couple weeks ago and was hoping to find a forum I can post my stuff and get some criticism on it. Do you mind if I post a couple things on here since I think my vocals seem to be similar to what you're looking for? I am just a beginner though haha. I only get time to practice when I drive since I don't live where I can actually practice. Here is my soundcloud that I will update more as I record. I only use my phone to record for now, my SM7B is on the way and the place I am moving in will be ready by the end of this month.

BE WARNED I DON'T KNOW THE LYRICS YET AND IT'S HARD TO READ, DRIVE, AND DO VOCALS!

#39 · (Edited)
I didn't mean to do hijacking, I really don't do forums often so I didn't have any idea. I was curious if I could start a thread here. So you did answer my question. I will delete my posts if I can sorry. Thanks for a reasonable answer and helping me understand forum ethics a little more haha. :) Sorry again.

Where should I start the thread? Most things look guitar related... Is off topic a valid selection?