Metal Guitarist Forums banner
909 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  budda 
#1 ·
I had two seymour duncan JB's in my Player series strats, and while I was happy with my clean tone the 2203 just didn't seem to love them. Since my experience ordering my telecaster pickups went well and I really love the tone of that guitar, I reached out to Craig at Vineham pickups (Home) to bounce come ideas. Ultimately I decided to go for the Brown Noser, since I still wanted PAF-esque but was hoping to nudge my tone closer to a les paul. "But why not just get the sweet 59's" you say? Experimentation.

I don't know that I got any closer to sounding like my singlecuts, but I most definitely notice a tonal improvement. Once my friend and I were done and I fired up the Mustang I overdrive, our best description was "it's like someone took a blanket off". We didn't want to use that descriptor, but it's very accurate. Hopefully these clips demonstrate what I heard in the room.

I'm very excited to try this out with the rig next week! Big thanks to Aaron (evelev59) for his help with the swap.

Clips were done using Player series HSS strats, Fractal FX8 into Scarlett 2i4, amps are GarageBand models. Faux Bass is a pitch block into an Ampeg sim.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.