Metal Guitarist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL 2017-2018 Season

9K views 77 replies 10 participants last post by  playstopause 
#1 ·
Hopefully this year is a better year than the last two!

Who wins it all this time?

Could there be a three-peat? :puke:

What do you make of Vegas' picks?

#4 ·
The Pens will improve, so i would guess it would be Pitt vs Smashville again. I would love to see the Devils make the playoffs, but I'd also like to find a $20 on the ground to pay for lunch today :)

#10 ·
The Caps off season has been a shit show. Huge contract to three players and then not enough money under the cap to ice a team. They let Johansson go for pennies and protected the wrong guys in the expansion. They'll be good enough to make the playoffs, but cup aspirations are gone.

#11 ·
Oi...this was a painful year. Hopefully with the current signings we can either get lucky with some of the newer guys (read Hershey) finally showing whether or not they can play in the NHL or we'll be in purgatory for a couple years. I'm hoping we can trade Orpik and his corpse for something by the TDL...but not expecting much. We shall see.

#17 ·
Patrick has been ok, I'd be alright with him staying up but he prob should go back to minors for more playing time. He'll be a solid player though. Lindblom and Leier have stood out in a good way, Laughton looks like he'll be a perennial AHL call up, Hagg has been mediocre, Morin likely to start as a Flyer, Sanheim is definitely better than Macdonald but I have a feeling he'll start the season in the AHL. Travis Konecny is playing at another level so far in preseason, but G and Jake have left a lot to be desired. Provorov is looking like he may have his breakout season. Goaltending has been meh and Neuvrith looks like he's already dealing with a mild injury.

#20 ·
The season Dallas was the top team in the West they didn't win a single preseason game, and last season Colorado was undefeated in preseason, but they were the worst team in modern NHL history... So meh. Preseason is fun and all but shouldn't put much stock in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.