Metal Guitarist Forums banner

World Cup?

Tags
cup world
16K views 227 replies 14 participants last post by  playstopause 
#1 ·
Why not.

Anyway....Morocco's own goal at 96 minutes, I don't know how you bounce back from that. I didn't see the match but my son tells me Morocco dominated all game too.

#2 ·
I'll be watching what I can (whatever is actually on Fox, since I don't have cable/dish), so that pretty much means one game tomorrow morning and one Sunday morning. I'm interested in watching but don't care who actually wins.

Before my kids, soccer (to me) was the equivalent of watching paint dry. After having my kids go through many years of soccer I finally understand the game and really do enjoy watching it.

#13 ·
When Spurs played Real this season just gone in the CL I practically shit myself every time he got the ball, he's such a fantastic player you feel he could create something out of nothing at the drop of a hat. Shame Messi couldn't turn it on today, I had him as my Captain in my fantasy league and picked him instead of Ronaldo be cause the latter is usually a bit unimpressive during World Cups, D'oh. :lol:

#15 ·
Great game by Mexico today, I read later they had a "small seismic event" that was likely caused by the whole country jumping up and down lol. Have to say watching Iceland yesterday was absolutely as boring as you get. 4 men + the goalie in the box and another 4 right outside it for the entire second half was bullshit.

#19 ·
Just pretend they're all riding around on carbon fibre bikes and you'll enjoy it. :lol:

Hopefully Sweden is better today
I was only half watching this at work and supporting Korea since Son plays for Spurs, but fucking hell it seemed like a filthy game. Korea looked terrible but Sweden weren't much better from what I saw, maybe there's hope for Germany yet.

#24 ·
Just going right ahead and proving my point. :lol:

Side note: I don't give a shit about soccer...along with football, basketball, hockey...

#25 ·
*wooooosh* You don't understand my point, just like you don't understand the sportsball comic. :lol: :lol:

Please take your chest-puffing over to the political forum where you usually store it, and let the adults DGAF about soccer in peace.

#44 ·
That's partly why I watch it, because we've fucked up every other standard the rest of the world uses, maybe this can be the one thing we connect on? :lol:

Celsius? Fuck off, this is Farenheit country!
Metric system? No thanks convenient measurement of 10's, we're using freedom units called feet!
Football? OK, but what if you hold it with your hand, and it's nothing like what the rest of the world calls "Football"!

#48 ·
US was the worst of a group that includes Panama, FFS. But watching Iran now, all 10 guys back all the time. WTF? They have like 8 guys (not counting the goalie) inside the 18 all the f'ing time. Would love to see them play Iceland, the ball would just roll around in mid field with no one near it.

#49 · (Edited)
. But watching Iran now, all 10 guys back all the time. WTF? They have like 8 guys (not counting the goalie) inside the 18 all the f'ing time.
When you have a weaker team a strong defense and small burst attacks its the only chance they get to score. They aim for fast counter attack where you opponent is all in your field and get caught off guard.

They are playing against Spain that is one of the Strongest teams on the Cup, in fact if it wasn't for the heavy defense they would probably be loosing by 2 or 3... This puts the pressure on stronger team, that get stressed of not managing to score and its also tiresome. But the skill level difference is just too much and Spain is not letting them even breathe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.