Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NHL 2018-2019 Season

9K views 89 replies 11 participants last post by  105 
#1 ·
Can the greatest season of Hockey be repeated again?

Will any team celebrate the Cup has hard as the Capitals?

#39 ·
That was the craziest game I've seen in I don't know how many years. My son and I were arguing that call for a while last night, but it's not really much different than cross checking a guy into the boards, where he hits his head, and winds up unconscious on the floor in a pool of blood. You do that and you're getting a major. The second it happened I said, "He's getting 5 minutes and a game misconduct for that" so I wasn't surprised by the call at all. I know I'm in the minority here, but it is what it is. I WAS surprised that the Sharks reeled off four goals in that 5 minutes. I wasn't surprised Vegas tied it again in the last minute, but I also didn't see the Sharks win coming with less than 2 minutes in the first OT period, I thought for sure Vegas was going to win that game.

#44 ·
The rule states if none of the on ice refs saw the infraction or possible infraction, they cannot go to Toronto for video help. So, the refs didn't see it and weren't allowed to ask for help. They certainly saw it on the jumbotrons, but that was after the fact. They need to change that rule and allow Toronto to make calls the refs miss, like this and Marchand's dragging Williams down by the neck with his stick the other night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.