Metal Guitarist Forums banner

2020-2021 NFL Thread

34K views 1K replies 18 participants last post by  Randy 
#1 ·
- The GOAT to the Chargers? Or Tampa Bay?

- More shockingly, Deandre Hopkins to Arizona. Vince has to be psyched!

#460 ·
:lol: ^

I don’t know what John Schneider and Pete Carroll are thinking. I’d rather have a pass rusher (Ravens just acquired Yannick Ngakoue from the Vikes) but maybe Josh Gordon doesn’t get reinstated until too late so who knows? I’d like to think we’re good without AB.

Good to see Golden Tate get that TD for the Giants. He was with Seattle during the SB and he’s always been clutch. It’s about the only exciting thing the Giants have done in this game so far besides that long run by Daniel Jones to set up the TD. Wentz and the rest of the team look good in the all black unis though. I’ve always loved the Eagles’ all black unis. :yesway:

#466 ·
In fairness, all those 7th round picks weren't going to save this team and neither is Trevor Lawrence. I'd rather take a 4-12 seasons and show some positives, rather than another QB to ruin.

In other news, Dalton down. Wonder if they'll import Fitz.

#472 ·
He's been horrendous at it since the beginning honestly. Brady is just the fucking GOAT.

Not saying BB isn't the GOAT coach (he is) but at the end of the day it was TB on the field being otherworldly clutch in all those super bowls. I hope Tom gets 3 more. I've been done with BB since he fucked over Malcolm Butler in the Eagles SB and cost us the game.

#473 ·
Belicheck has flashes of the same guy that coached the Browns, but he's an exceptional mind on defense and special teams, and using the rules in unique ways (like Vabrel did last week with a deliberate 12-man penalty to stop the clock). He also is very good at finding position coaches and setting the overall tone for the team (practices, TC, culture, etc). That's a lot more than can be said for most HCs, before you even get into his record.

That said, he's an asshole that knows he's good and overestimates himself, which is occasionally hazardous in coaching but absolutely DEADLY in managing personnel. I think Pats this year are somewhere in top 3 to 5 in cap space. Less without the opt outs but they still had room. Newton took prolly less than the backup money he'd get somewhere else for chance to start on a contender, but NE still would've been better off spending premium money on a pocket passer that fits their personnel than 'hoping' Newton saves them on the cheap.

It's well known NE have their own totally different system for grading draft picks than everyone else, and they use that to credit themselves for getting Brady and Jimmy G but every other example has been so-so to a total flush. Some guys show flashes when they're on NE and are shit when they ship of somewhere else (ie: Welker, Danny A, Hogan). Being able to play at a high level with GOAT at QB is no substantial endorsement of your drafting skills.

#475 ·
Some guys show flashes when they're on NE and are shit when they ship of somewhere else (ie: Welker, Danny A, Hogan). Being able to play at a high level with GOAT at QB is no substantial endorsement of your drafting skills.
To be fair here, Welker is the GOAT slot receiver. I love Edelman but Wes defined that role and should be a HOF lock if ou ask me. And Amendola may not have the numbers, but if being clutch as fuck was a stat he would be at the top of the list. Danny's one of my all time favorite patriots, he's responsible for so many moments of me jumping out of my chair in big games screaming "fuck yes!".

#474 ·
Totally agree. I've obviously enjoyed 20 years of dominance but I'm also low key enjoying the idea of potentially seeing him get his comeuppance.

He's a fucking grouchy old dickbag who needs to step back and realize that his job is coaching a fucking game. I've watched 20 years of his postgame interviews and the super trash way he treats the media and players alike (Jonas Grey, anyone?). Cancer surgeons at children's hospitals take their jobs less seriously than he does, and the way BB treats everyone around him is unacceptable. He is the GOAT coach but he's also just a massive fucking asshole, full stop.

He one-upped his mentor in that respect too, because the only guy even close to being as much of an asshole as BB is Parcells, but I give BB the edge.

#478 ·
I hear you Shawn, have a mix of zero energy left and uber excitement keeping me going. That was the best football game I've seen in years. Lockett was amazing, and I can't believe the rundown DK Metcalf made on Budda Baker. They said Budda was running over 21 MPH and DK still caught him.

Kliff even iced his own kicker and we still won this thing. I can't believe we won. The rematch in November up in Seattle is going to be another dogfight, I'm sure of it.

#483 ·
Also, the disparity between the good teams and the bad ones this season is insane. It's going to take more than a few drafts to even begin to even things out.

Great teams: KC, Seattle
Damn good teams: Steelers, Ravens,
Maybe good teams? Bucks, Titans
Pretty bad teams: Dolphins, Eagles
Yikes bad teams: Broncos, Pats, Eagles
Holy shit bad teams: Cowboys, Giants
Oh Dear: Jets

If the Jets had the first 10 picks in the draft next year, I'd still take KC over them.

#485 ·
Also, in the "what a surprise" category - the Bills had to put practically all their tight ends on the reserve-COVID list on Friday after a positive test and Houston had to close their faciluty today after a positive.

Tennessee is the constant there, of course. Any bets on a Steelers player testing positive?

#487 ·
Also, in the "what a surprise" category - the Bills had to put practically all their tight ends on the reserve-COVID list on Friday after a positive test and Houston had to close their faciluty today after a positive.
Are you even concerned? It's going to be a bloodbath this weekend. *** won't make it out of the first quarter and you don't need TEs if your DBs can just pick six Stidham for 60 points a half. :lol:

#500 ·
I blame you for allowing the chosen one to come to the south. Wasn't for that dick face I'd be sitting pretty. :lol:

Edit: Also you talked a lot of shit about Teddy two gloves in the past, i think you should give him some credit....he's played pretty well IMHO.:shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.