The MMA Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The MMA Thread

If Kongo had quit moving in like a dumbass, and instead kept the fight standing by using his crazy-ass reach, he'd have had a really good chance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pardon miasma View Post
    If Kongo had quit moving in like a dumbass, and instead kept the fight standing by using his crazy-ass reach, he'd have had a really good chance.
    If Kongo had actually showed some proficiency on the ground (ie. not rolling to his back or turteling up every time) then it might have been a better fight.

But it's true, the sad thing is he would have probably dominated that fight, if not gotten a major knockout, if he could have kept it standing.

I thought the fighter not intelligently defending himself was grounds for a TKO? If so, I dunno what fight Miragliotta was watching.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pardon miasma View Post
    I thought the fighter not intelligently defending himself was grounds for a TKO? If so, I dunno what fight Miragliotta was watching.
    Are you talking about Cro Cop vs. Al-Turk?

I'm talking about Kongo just laying there. He played punching bag for 3 rounds. I'd have stopped that fight.

ME: '89 Jackson RR1 Cust
    Rig: TriAxis/G-Force/2:90 Rack

Dan Mirgliotta has joined Yves Lavigne in the category of WORST REFEREE EVER!!!

Fucking HELL?!?!?! How could he NOT SEE that Al-Turk had turned his back and covered his face?!? That's an EASY SIGN that he was not engaging Cro Cop, nor did he have any intention of engaging Cro Cop further!!

Dan should have stepped in and asessed the situation, and then either called it a TKO at that point, or realized it was a eye poke (like I FUCKING DID) and given Al-Turk 5 mins to recover. That was total shit. Dan sucks as a ref.

Silva vs. Franklin, well, what can you say? Silva is not the same fighter he was in Pride. He's lost that killer instinct, and instead of just overpowering fighters with bunches of punches and ruthless aggression... he walks in there all sorts of tentative and cautious. He'll never be what he used to be. But I think Franklin winning by unanimous decision is a UFC decision, not a judge's decision. Unanimous is bullshit. That shoulda been a split decision. But totally hard to decide a winner... wouldn't have wanted to be a judge.

And I'm happy Cain beat the fuck outta Congo. I haven't liked Congo since he won that decision over Cro Cop that was bullshit... CroCop shoulda won that fight. But I digress.

Dan Hardy's fight with Marcus Davis was probably the most exciting fight of the night. Loved that one.

ME: '89 Jackson RR1 Cust
    Rig: TriAxis/G-Force/2:90 Rack

Big News!

Couture vs. Nogueira @ UFC 102!!!

ME: Parker MaxxFly DF824
    Rig: Dual Recto

mma has been boreing me out lately. not much interesting stuff has been going on. although the faber brown fight was pretty good
    Confront and Cry