Super Bowl 52

Tags
bowl super
5K views 68 replies 15 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
Who wins?

#65 ·
Tough break for Foles either way, IMO.

He's a system guy, which is a term that gets thrown around in a derogatory way but all it really means is that he performs well when the offense is designed around his skillset (RPO). His insane accuracy numbers that one year skewed the perception like you can plug him in anywhere and have it work, but 1.) Jeff Fisher can ruin anybody's career 2.) NFL teams were moving away from "college style offenses", which is what he flourishes in.

I think Foles' game has clearly matured from that point, as I noticed him going to a second or third read, buying time with his legs and using his eyes to throw off defenders. HOWEVER, I still think the only teams willing to pay what he deserves will be to much of a shit show to utilize him correctly, so he's either going to get a big payday and ride out another couple <50% seasons or he's going to sit on the bench for $6 million next year.

Personally, I disagree with the consensus on this about the Eagles defaulting to Wentz. I mean, they probably will (owner's proclamation of 'losing their franchise quarterback' at the trophy ceremony seemed to confirm that) but I'd personally let them compete in camp and start whoever's better. Foles has shown he can win with that team, that coach, that system and do so at a high level. Wentz seems to be MORE of a plug-and-play style QB, and since they have him cheap for another 2-years, they can probably get a Jimmy G style trade (for more goodies, though) for him IF he's still on the bench near the end of year 2. :2c:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.