Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Apparently Amanda Nunes punched Ronda Rousey right out of her career.

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Joshua 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Totally agree on the money side, but it has to be a pretty big blow to her ego to go from literally the best female fighter in the world to Female Roddy Piper.

She's still an incredible athlete, you don't get as dominant at a sport as she is/was without countless hours of training.

#8 ·
Totally agree on the money side, but it has to be a pretty big blow to her ego to go from literally the best female fighter in the world to Female Roddy Piper.

She's still an incredible athlete, you don't get as dominant at a sport as she is/was without countless hours of training.
You missed out on her "acting" gig in the last F&F movie? She can do that crap and not have to work as hard. I can't blame her. :lol:

#7 ·
Fuck that cunt, never liked her.

#9 ·
It's the exact same reason Brock Lesnar is a pro wrestler. Get the shit kicked out of yourself for real for one-tenth the pay day? I'd say no, too. :lol:

#10 ·
Get the shit kicked out of your for real for one-tenth the pay day? I'd say no, too. :lol:
Are we sure that's how the finances are? I thought top billing MMA matches were big money, plus you only have to do a couple a year vs. two or more events a week in pro-wrestling. If Vince is giving them a portion of the merch they sell than I can see the WWE gig paying more but I have a hard time believing they're getting major MMA billing money in salary. Could be wrong.

#11 ·
2018 WWE Wrestlers Salaries & Contract Details

Lesnar cleared $12 million last year, and is on track to clear $10 million this year. Obviously, only the really big names get the big contracts, but you better believe Rousey is one of them. Her name is very marketable.

#13 ·
UFC fighters are making less money than they were before the Reebok deal, they can no longer wear a companies logo on their gear like they used to. So yeah, Ronda's decision to move to wwe makes perfect sense as far as money goes. Plus, she refused to evolve with the sport, the first time she fought someone who could shrug off her clinch attempts and punish her for it, she was done mentally.

#14 ·
She's also 31yo and had fourteen fights. I'm not very knowledgeable of UFC, but I bet she's on the bubble of when fighters start bowing out.

#15 ·
Rousey by all indication was in perfect health, had she been tougher mentally she could've been champ again.

A fighter's lifespan is kind of hard to predict though, 7/12 champs in the ufc are over 30, with the oldest being 38. On the other hand, a former champ who's currently 31 and has had 41 fights in their career, has lost 4 of their last 5 fights. (they need to hang it up) I think it's a combination of how intense they train, frequency of fights, and how they fight (are they constantly in wars), that predicts when they need to retire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.