Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Offseason Thread

Tags
class draft qbs
2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
#3 ·
All that matters is getting Barkley. Must. Draft. Barkley. That's too bad about Marshall, but we lost the whole receiver corp basically last year. If we sign Dez, which frankly i don't care about, I suppose we can find a use for a guy who is no longer fast and can barely jump. I'd rather spend the cash on the O line though. And Barkley. :)

#6 ·
Man, the timing on that one. Somebody really had it in for that kid :lol:

Oh well, really. His stock randomly surged this week because for the last 4 months, he's been the bottom of the list (FCS team and he has accuracy issues). He started getting thrown around as a potential #1 earlier this week, probably as a smokescreen anyway. Good riddance. :noway:

Hoping they'll go RB, eh? Lot of speculation they'd go QB but I agree Eli's got a couple more years left if the OL starts giving him some help. My guess is they'll still take a QB but maybe in the second, someone in the second tier like Jackon, Rudolph or Falk.

#12 ·
I actually think the Browns have nailed it in the draft so far this year. Baker was my favorite out of this QB class and the Ohio State CB is a very good player that happened to be a huge need for them. The Browns have done well so far IMHO.

#11 ·
Our offense put up 500+ yards and lost the super bowl to a backup QB, so we blew a first round pick on a RB.

wtf :lol:
Yeah that kid y'all got is really good. Sony is a freakish type player and I am surprised he was there for you guys to take that far down honestly. You lost Dion Lewis and replaced him with a much better back. Sony was probably rated BPA on the Patriots board and that's why they took him. You never draft for need and should always take BPA. Drafting/reaching for needs is how you get burnt.

#13 ·
Our offense put up 500+ yards and lost the super bowl to a backup QB, so we blew a first round pick on a RB.

wtf :lol:
That was a great SB though, despite your guys not winning it. You could throw that on tonight and watch it all over again because it was an amazing game. And I agree with Flex, you got a good guy with that pick.

I actually think the Browns have nailed it in the draft so far this year. Baker was my favorite out of this QB class and the Ohio State CB is a very good player that happened to be a huge need for them. The Browns have done well so far IMHO.
I agree with this as well. I am also not a 100% believer in the "take the best guy" train of thought. You can do that with a good team, or a great team, but with a team like the Browns (1-31 in the last 2 season, right?) you need to get to average before you get to good and you don't get there by getting yet another guy who plays the one position where you happen to have depth.

I'm also glad Lamar Jackson went in the first round, I can't wait to see that guy play in the NFL, he was a ton of fun to watch in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.