Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Boss WAZA Tube Amp Expander

10K views 76 replies 24 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·

- First-of-its-kind tube amp command center, built with Waza expertise and the Tube Logic design approach

- Advanced variable reactive load circuit with discrete analog components supports tube amps up to 150 watts

- User-adjustable impedance tuning correctly matches the reactive load to your amp, retaining its natural tone, dynamic feel, and distortion characteristics

- 10 recallable rig settings for storing favorite setups

- Deep real-time performance control via GA-FC/FS-series footswitches and MIDI I/O

- Built-in 100-watt Class AB power amplifier with discrete analog design and seamless volume control

- Powerful DSP section with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate

- Customizable stereo effects with premium tone quality: compressor, delay, reverb, and four EQs

- Seven mic'd cabinet emulations with five selectable mic types, plus four slots for loading user speaker IRs

- External effects loop with selectable series/parallel operation and control jack for switching amp channels

- Parallel speaker outputs for connecting up to two cabs for gigging

- Balanced XLR line outputs (mono and L/R stereo) for connecting to FOH console, stage monitors, and recording devices

- Headphones output for quiet practice with cranked-up amp tones

- Dedicated editor software (Mac/Windows)

- USB for direct audio recording and editor communication

https://www.boss.info/us/products/waza_tube_amp_expander/

See less See more
#6 ·
If this could be simulated it would be perfect. I need a guitar simulator to run through my amp simulator into my cabinet simulators. THEN I can get down to some serious simulated playing.

#17 ·
It is also a 100w SS poweramp and comes with large footswitch for channel/effects changes. I think they wanted to cover all the bases with one product. If I had a few heads and wanted a easy way to set up a live rig without having to piece it all together this might work.

#19 ·
It also switches amp channels.

The ability to add an effects loop to an amp that doesn't have one is pretty cool. For the guys who have some older Marshall's, I can see this being a big selling point because they can all replace their Hot Plates with this and get two birds stoned at once!

#37 ·
As a guy who's had labrub surgery and broken a collarbone both in the last 18 months, if I end up in a sling and that's less than $29.99 plus free gift, I'm hitting that like a homer in the 9th. Socks suuuuuck with a fucked up shoulder.

#43 ·
Brett always does good demos! Boss created a nice box here, but I'm still not seeing the use. Maybe if I just had a lunchbox amp and wanted a separate solid state power amp, IR loader, reactive load, and SUPER-basic effects to go with it, then yeah I'd use it. But I don't know too many guitarists that would be in this type of need.

#41 ·
Alex King (Rockinchippy) must have owned and played every bit of boutique gear there is.

His stuff on this box is here: Boss Waza Amp Expander incoming ! - Page 2 - Groomed Noodlers Gear Forum

He makes the point that the Boss is better suited to rock/metal than the OX.

If I could clear more than five minutes every once in a while to actually play I might be looking at this sort of thing in more detail to tame my Herbert. :distraught:

#56 ·
GTFO

This isn't just a BOSS product. This is a WAZA premium product.

Do you know what that means?

It means this was built by samurai craftsman. And not white Samurai played by Tom Cruise. Real Samurai pedal craftsman with katanas and codes of honor and everything. Not just Katanas, they carry wakizashi too, a word that in japanese translates to "mini katana".

WAZA policy dictates if your schematic isn't up to snuff you have to commit seppuku.

Like, four samurai committed seppuku before they came up with the final schematic for this work of art.

The WAZA samurai craftsman don't spend their days staring contemplatively into ponds of koi fish, sparring with wooden rods, and teaching themselves to learn to stop their metabolism so they can exist for extended periods in stasis so you can not give a fuck.

How many times have you stared contemplatively into a pond of koi fish in a state of suspended animation you solely achieved with your massive mental willpower to design a work of art like this?

Zero.

Besides, it costs so much because four samurais committed seppuku to make it. Those samurai had children. Do you just want them to abandon those children in the woods? Where they can get tempted by evil spirits dwelling in bamboo groves and tricked into becoming evil samurai?

All these weak ass American businesses complain about shit like, "overhead" and "keeping the lights on", but do you think Electro Harmonix or Bogner has to provide for children of samurai craftsman who committed seppuku? Fuck no. Those guys are cowards who tolerate failure. Do you think Reinhold Bogner makes his designers jam a length of expertly folded steel into their guts as atonement for making a shitty revision of the Uberschall. Fuck no. Do you think the Electro Harmonix dude is like, "The past four Big Muff revisions have fucking sucked, seppuku time." Fuck no.

This is more than just a load box. This is a culmination of a feudal system of honor.

I've seen enough tattoos on white people to know that that symbol you take for granted adorning this masterpiece, that beautiful WAZA icon of legitimacy, is an ancient japanese feudal era symbol that means, "an honorably built loadbox".

If BOSS pedals are regular Toyota. This motherfucker is a LEXUS.

#65 ·
I'm pretty sure it means "Built by Samurais" and I don't appreciate you casting doubt on my highly credible Japanese language skills.

Sure I have a total lack of qualifications and don't read or speak Japanese, but that doesn't mean my translation isn't 100% accurate.

I've watched the original Highlander many times, I am an expert on katanas. I know at least as much about Japanese culture and linguistics as Sean Connery does about playing a character that is supposed to be Egyptian/Spanish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.