Metal Guitarist Forums banner

So the new season of Wheeler Dealers...

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
Is actually really solid! It’s a bummer that Edd moved on, and Brewer is still as useless as ever but the new guy is a pleasant surprise. He’s a little stiff, but considering the big shoes he had to fill I can’t fault him.

Dude is a great mechanic and does a good job explaining what he’s up to. If you’ve put off watching this season because Edd’s gone, it’s worth checking out. :yesway:

#2 ·
Yeah, i liked it. Very through explanations and the cars come out looking great. Conversation is a little stilted between them but i guess thats to be expected. Same thing happened on the LeBlanc's Top Gear.

I hope Ed's new show gets picked up, that pilot ep was cool. Then we get two shows!

#6 ·
#8 ·
I've watched a few more and I really like the new guy. Nothing against Edd, but seeing WD with a proper paint booth is awesome. Edd is a great mechanic, but a lot of his "body work" made me seriously cringe (though I suspect the confines of the show being "on the cheap" didn't help). It's great seeing proper paint work instead of Edd rattle-can painting everything.

I don't really like how it's based in California now, though I assume they just film the whole season over a few weeks and go back home. The British vernacular is part of the appeal of the show to me. :lol:

"This motor is now on the button, just need to add some petrol and tidy up the boot. Jolly-o!"

#9 ·
I watched a bunch more of this - I dare say, I like Ant better than Edd. Straight to the point with the fixes and he does a great job explaining everything, he really breathed some much needed fresh air into the how.

It certainly helps that there have been some awesome cars on there, especially the VR4 and the '82 Supra episodes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.