For the Love of Cars

Tags
cars love
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Vince 
#1 ·
This show is great. :yesway:

I wish the US would make even one car show worth watching these days. :(

#2 ·
You don't like watching crotchety old fat guys repair old pickups from the 50's and 60's while they whine like schoolgirls? 'cause there's a bunch of shows like that. Lots of repairs being done on cable tv of cars no one gets hard over.

#3 ·
Yeah, I'm one of those guys that likes to see all the dirty details of the build process and/or a really INTERESTING program surrounding it. The current US car shows are a mashup of 'pimp my ride', 'American Chopper' and some Pawn Star sprinkled in, where every car is brand new parts and no actual 'building' going on, there's always people fighting and there's always a deadline or pricepoint they need to meet to flip it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It wasn't the greatest show but I used to love The Great Biker Build-off. Yeah it was a competition with a deadline, but you saw a LOT of the build process and guys shaping metal, building engines, etc.

#4 ·
Who's your cable provider? If you're on Comcast, see if you can add the Velocity channel to your package, they've got a decent lineup for car stuff - the big one I tend to watch is Garage Squad, and they also show Wheeler Dealers on there, and a handful of others. I can't think of many I've watched that did the forced "We've got a deadline to meet!" schtick, but it may have just been tuned out by now if I have.

#8 ·
Yeah, Aaron's show blows. I had high hopes for it too, since it sounded like he was sick of all the reality TV crap on F&L. Turns out he just wanted to get away from Rawlings. Aaron's new show is not only boring, but he's so self-righteous about everything I don't even bother to watch it anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.