For the Love of Cars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Love of Cars

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

For the Love of Cars

This show is great.

I wish the US would make even one car show worth watching these days.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

You don't like watching crotchety old fat guys repair old pickups from the 50's and 60's while they whine like schoolgirls? 'cause there's a bunch of shows like that. Lots of repairs being done on cable tv of cars no one gets hard over.
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of those guys that likes to see all the dirty details of the build process and/or a really INTERESTING program surrounding it. The current US car shows are a mashup of 'pimp my ride', 'American Chopper' and some Pawn Star sprinkled in, where every car is brand new parts and no actual 'building' going on, there's always people fighting and there's always a deadline or pricepoint they need to meet to flip it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It wasn't the greatest show but I used to love The Great Biker Build-off. Yeah it was a competition with a deadline, but you saw a LOT of the build process and guys shaping metal, building engines, etc.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Epi G400 LP Custom
    MB: EDB600/605

Who's your cable provider? If you're on Comcast, see if you can add the Velocity channel to your package, they've got a decent lineup for car stuff - the big one I tend to watch is Garage Squad, and they also show Wheeler Dealers on there, and a handful of others. I can't think of many I've watched that did the forced "We've got a deadline to meet!" schtick, but it may have just been tuned out by now if I have.

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

I was talking specifically about Velocity lol. Wheeler Dealers is great though, I like those guys. It's the best thing on that channel that isn't the Barrett-Jackson auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Who's your cable provider? If you're on Comcast, see if you can add the Velocity channel to your package, they've got a decent lineup for car stuff - the big one I tend to watch is Garage Squad, and they also show Wheeler Dealers on there, and a handful of others. I can't think of many I've watched that did the forced "We've got a deadline to meet!" schtick, but it may have just been tuned out by now if I have.
    I have Velocity, it's how I get WD and this show. All of the good shows are UK-based. Fast & Loud used to be great, but it fuckin' blows now.

ME: Epi G400 LP Custom
    MB: EDB600/605

Fast & Loud used to be great, but it fuckin' blows now.
    Which is a bummer since Aaron's new show has the personality of a wet cloth.

I caught an episode of Speed is the New Black (never even heard of it until then), and they avoided the cliched deadline trope, but did have some of the generic "I'm the lead guy who gets too much on his plate" and forced comedy between people, but in terms of car work, it was a nice easy watch.

Yeah, Aaron's show blows. I had high hopes for it too, since it sounded like he was sick of all the reality TV crap on F&L. Turns out he just wanted to get away from Rawlings. Aaron's new show is not only boring, but he's so self-righteous about everything I don't even bother to watch it anymore.