ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

In what way?

ME: Agile Pendulum
    MA: Ibanez EW20ASENT
    MB: Ibanez
    Rig: Line6 Pod Farm

I vote stick with the Matrix. Reap the benefit of making all those payments. Ride it out for another year or two. It seems you're a bit more wanty then needy.

Do you NEED a new vehicle? You only drive 10 hours a week? That isn't very much. my Something to be said about not having a payment. That said I'd vote for the Honda or Toyota. Also if you're anticipating having this vehicle while having a family the utilitarian aspect of the matrix is more appealing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    In what way?
    The only reason anyone gives a shit about the Lancer is because Mitsubishi tried (and briefly succeeded) capitalizing on Fast & Furious morons by shoving a giant turbo into the Evo. Young people spent hilarious amounts of money on those awful shitboxes because they were fast, despite the entire rest of the car being a cheap, tinny, badly engineered piece of shit.

Not even rental car companies want Lancers. Everything about them sucks, unless you buy the Evo in which case MAYBE the motor has one upside of being 300HP, but it's a shit motor bolted to an even shittier platform.

If you must get something that pedestrian, get a Corolla, especially if you plan to put on big miles. I ran a really big Mitsu site back in the day (bigger than /7/ is now). Don't buy a Lancer. They are shitty.

ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I vote stick with the Matrix. Reap the benefit of making all those payments. Ride it out for another year or two. It seems you're a bit more wanty then needy.

Do you NEED a new vehicle? You only drive 10 hours a week? That isn't very much. my Something to be said about not having a payment. That said I'd vote for the Honda or Toyota. Also if you're anticipating having this vehicle while having a family the utilitarian aspect of the matrix is more appealing.
    Mine isn't dead yet, but I want to know what I'm going to replace it with for when it dies. The way people are driving in snow around here though, it may get bumped up . If it survives 2 years on oil changes alone I'll be pretty enthusiastic - I know front end stuff normally starts going around now.

I do have to laugh - I see 2010/2012 Matrix base models for 8-10k, and they were 14k 6 years ago. Very small price drop from a dealer despite the length of time .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The only reason anyone gives a shit about the Lancer is because Mitsubishi tried (and briefly succeeded) capitalizing on Fast & Furious morons by shoving a giant turbo into the Evo. Young people spent hilarious amounts of money on those awful shitboxes because they were fast, despite the entire rest of the car being a cheap, tinny, badly engineered piece of shit.

Not even rental car companies want Lancers. Everything about them sucks, unless you buy the Evo in which case MAYBE the motor has one upside of being 300HP, but it's a shit motor bolted to an even shittier platform.

If you must get something that pedestrian, get a Corolla, especially if you plan to put on big miles. I ran a really big Mitsu site back in the day (bigger than /7/ is now). Don't buy a Lancer. They are shitty.
    Works for me

ME: ESP Baby Metal
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: KR7, 5153, MKIV, UL

My aunt has had a base model Impreza since they came out back in like 92 or so and has always had good luck with them so they might be a good option too depending on what the service is like for them in your area. She got one of the new ones probably 5 years ago after having the original model since it came out