Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New Future Babycarrier Day

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  budda 
#1 ·
I think my car advice thread is still on this page :lol:.

On it's way out:
2010 matrix (a/c died, windshield cracked, paint bubbled and rusted, bumper cracked, sensor dead, brake rotor pad and possibly caliper dead) at a lovely 335k km. It did well - bought it for city driving, ended up commuting in it. Held all my gear, didn't kill me, was mostly easy to maintain. Toyota has done alright by me.

Picking up this week:
2017 Mazda CX-5. CPO, 9940km, White. This one is the GS trim, which has changed from the 2016 GS trim I was previously looking at getting. While the colour isn't my first pick, this thing is practically brand new. Being a CPO we got a little break on financing and extended warranty. It's a really nice vehicle (to me, not you guys in luxury cars :lol:).

We didn't get much of a break on pricing, but it was cheaper than the demo car at another dealer with less than half the mileage. I do plan to baby this one a lot more. Going to stake out a new parking spot at work today :lol:. Looking forward to lots of memories with this thing.

Thanks to everyone who offered their help in my searching.

See less See more
#6 ·
White wasnt my first pick but what can you do. The styling itself is to my taste.

If it were my wife's decision we would be trying next week :lol: but yeah family expansion is coming. Post tour life, of course.

#11 ·
@drew :lol:

Picked it up on my way to practice.

Playing guitar feels weird after driving automatic where I would be tight gripping a manual. Hopefully it normalizes soon.

That said, holy moly it is comfy, smooth, doesnt stink yet, just a good time. If my coworker wins the group lotto, that would be great :lol:. Rolled it over 10k on my way here.

Anyone else here have one of these?

#14 ·
About 8 years or so, it was a 2008 Mazda 6. My 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx was handily a better vehicle, and more than outlasted that other shitheap.

She literally was losing gears in the transmission as she was nearing Albuquerque on the way to CA. 10 miles out, she lost automatic, and used the +/- on the shifter. 5 miles out, 4th and 5th gear. 2 miles, 3rd gear. Within sight of the first exit with a car dealership, 2nd gear. She rolled into the very first dealership in 1st gear, with a smoking transmission. Those fucks at the dealership could smell the transmission fluid burning, and charged us fucking $5000 for a 2002 Honda Civic with 198k miles on it. Granted, *that* shitheap still runs :lol:. Though, at about 5 months into her pregnancy I told her to drive my car (2016 Ford Focus) instead, and I'd take the Honda. I drove that mother for one goddamned day, and the battery died overnight when I forgot to turn off the fucking headlights (not automatic, first world problems right :lol: ). So I bought her a 2016 Ford Escape the next day :lol:

#15 ·
That is a good story :lol:.

I'd rather my transmission die over time like that than the BANG I heard as I went on my morning coffee run when the Matrix one bit it. Fortunately the dealership is literally about a mile away. Unfortunately it tapped the savings I had just created the week before by selling that super sexy PRS, plus some.

This is technically my fourth car, and my first non Toyota :lol:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.