Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The "Post your Bike" Thread

Tags
bikes
20K views 65 replies 35 participants last post by  Phil 
#1 ·
Lets see your wheeled assault weapons. Most of you are aware that I have a couple.:lol:
My daily driver. Highly modified `93 NSR 250 SP

Stock `86 NS400R.

`93 Honda RS250 GP bike

`80 Yamaha ex works TZ250G

`88 Yamaha TZ250U GP bike

`90 Yamaha TZ250A GP bike

`82 TZ250 J GP bike Todd Hennings ex bike. The most winning motorcycle in US history that won 532 races. Currently under restoration.

`77 TZ 350 GP bike. This was my first racebike that I have owned since new.

`80 Suzuki RG500MK5 GP bike currently under restoration

I have a few more in the herd as well.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Holy crap! Nice stable! :metal:

I have a 1985 Yamaha Maxim X 750cc (Canadian model) that hasn't seen the road in many years. Needs a little TLC but someday when I have the space to work on it and park it I will be riding again.

Not my bike but I don't have a picture handy. Looks exactly like this with the original chrome mirrors and without the raised backrest.

#6 ·
:rofl:

[action=DelfinoPie]runs over to unicycle.com[/action]

#9 ·
This thread makes me GAS for Summer. :(

2007 R6.

Stuff/mods:

• Two Brothers M5 Carbon Highmount
  • Dunlop 208's
  • 520 Conversion
  • Yami Blue Framesliders
  • Targa Heelguard
  • R&R Fender Eliminator
  • Custom painted Blue Hugger
  • Factory Solo Cowl
  • Puig Smoked DB Windscreen
  • Corbin Seat :yesway:
  • 1Tail 3/8" Risers
  • Two Brothers P1R

#10 ·
88 Yamaha TZ250U GP bike

Is awesome.

#11 ·
Two Bros Pipes for the win Chris.

07 Ninja 250 (stock pic)
- Two Bros Racing Pipes (stockies were stolen - can you believe that shit)
- Handle bar risers
- Pirelli Demons
- Double Bubble screen.

Next ride is either a vfr750, sv650 or cb600/honda 599.

#24 ·
I picked it up in March from the guy who sold me the cruiser last year. It was his machine and I believe it was also the last bike he sold at his dealership before taking a job at a Ducati dealer. Its a '98 with about 35k on it, but he took great care of it and I have ridden it for about 1000 miles this season with no issues. My wife is all over me to sell it since I now neglect the cruiser and I only have room for one bike in the shed, but so far I have resisted the urge to give it up.

I bought it to see if riding a sportbike like Chris's R1 would be something to consider the next time I am in the market for a new bike, and I can definitely see why these bikes have their fans. My cruiser is a 1900cc flagship bike from Yamaha and it feels slow, boring, and disconnected in comparison while the CBR feels like an extension of your body. An extra bonus is that I can't take passengers on it, so I can ride it without worrying about the safety of my wife on the back. :D

#28 ·
Old pic, here's my old Gixxer 750. Loved this thing to death. :yesway:

Previous owner yard saled it on the track before I bought it. He did a decent job repairing and repainting it, but the electrical system always gave me problems. I push started it a good 50 times. :lol: But once running, the thing was a blast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.