Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Pimp My Ride :D

Tags
pimp ride
5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
I really didn't think I'd end up with a GTR carbon hood, angel eyes or a CSL bootlid, or the front splitters, but you know, it looks good (probably not to OEM fanatics, but then, the mileage on this wouldn't make it anywhere near a candidate), and seeing as I'd started, I kind of needed to finish. Also had the arches redone and all the rust eradicated, front wings resprayed to get rid of stone chips.

Considering the state it was in, maybe I should have scrapped it, bought a better example or as one garage recommended "drive it into a tree"... But, in the end, all the nasties bar preventative rod bearings and vanos is now done, and it's really just missing a bbk... A few bits to do here and there,
I've got some powerfold mirrors on the way for one, because, well, just because, and got to do the last few bits of interior trim (firt carbon cube armrests front and back)

And maybe I've been tempted by bucket seats after discovering just how comfy and awesome recaros are.

But, to be fair, I'm pleased, and the rest is just OCD I can put off for a while now so I can really enjoy the car.

I'm actually really surprised what a difference sorting the bodywork has made towards my feeling towards the car, it's bizarre, as there really is no mechanical explanation to it whatsoever.

Anyway, I like it, and hence I may as well put up a picture of it :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Will have to. Now the utside is finished there's no excuse for not doing a glorified shoot. We do get sun. Like 3 times a year. Which are celebrated with public holidays accompanied by weird funny ritualistic dances.

Need more pictures, can't see that CSL bootlid.
not great ones above, but only ones I have that are uploaded somewhere where I can grab them from (ie, facebook)

You just need a fan on teh inside so you can have your hair blowing back like steve vai. people would look over at your car and see you with your hair blowing back with the windows up and be like what the fuck :lol:
Oh yes. Although it needs to be a fan in the floor, so that it blows upwards so I can look like cthulu.

You bloody barry boy, you. :lol: I always think the BMW logo without the Bavarian colours looks weird also, but then I also saw someone who replaced the BMW logos with the M3 badge, so at least it's not that. :ugh: Anyway, slightly jealous... Me and my Touran aren't quite this cool. :lol:
Yeah, I did think about going back to blue, but then do like the blacked out look. I haven't put the M3 badge on the back, I had one, but firstly never got round to it, and then secondly have grown to like it being unbadged.

M3 FTW.

I think that looks pretty solid man. :metal: A BBK would definitely look aces.
BBK would be very nice, but I think that's something for next year, as they're really not cheap. Nothing on this car is cheap. Should have bought a lada.

#10 ·
I forgot about this, it's now like 6 months later, and I "may" have gone a bit mental on it...

It now has an AP Racing 6pot big brake kit on the front. Which pretty much happened two months after I said i would wait.

Then I've put a square setup of 9.5j 18s on it, lightweight apex ec7s

And I might have had the engine swapped after finding out my crankshaft was damaged.

That then led me to replacing the exhaust with a miltek sports exhaust that is stupidly loud (in my defense, i salvaged it off the same car i salvaged the engine off, so it's not like i did that much research. It sounds great, but it's a "tad" loud)

Then there's a possibility heated seats and a rear blind went in.

Followed by a full stereo install...

And following on from that, I ended up doing a full airbox conversion to CSL including adding the motorized flap.

So yeah. I should have known that this would happen given my track record with guitars....

Also, it is now pretty damn loud and pretty damn fun to drive :D

#12 ·
I forgot about this, it's now like 6 months later, and I "may" have gone a bit mental on it...

It now has an AP Racing 6pot big brake kit on the front. Which pretty much happened two months after I said i would wait.

Then I've put a square setup of 9.5j 18s on it, lightweight apex ec7s

And I might have had the engine swapped after finding out my crankshaft was damaged.

That then led me to replacing the exhaust with a miltek sports exhaust that is stupidly loud (in my defense, i salvaged it off the same car i salvaged the engine off, so it's not like i did that much research. It sounds great, but it's a "tad" loud)

Then there's a possibility heated seats and a rear blind went in.

Followed by a full stereo install...

And following on from that, I ended up doing a full airbox conversion to CSL including adding the motorized flap.

So yeah. I should have known that this would happen given my track record with guitars....

Also, it is now pretty damn loud and pretty damn fun to drive :D
I mean, you waited 2 months, that's massive self control :D

#15 ·
Yeah, and I still haven't fixed the wiring for the heated seats as just not had a good day of weather where I'm free to actually do it! Ironically it'll probably be spring/summer when they get sorted

I mean, you waited 2 months, that's massive self control :D
I know I know :D

Did you have to sell your camera to afford all those mods? Where are the pics!? :squint:
:rofl: ok, I'll get some pics up, deserves them, as it's nicely mental. Only really needs some 10-15mm spacers at the rear to finish it off now. And a front strut. And then some engine detailing and tarting up...

Oh, I forgot, I also added an Awron gauge inside. More blinky lights and readouts.

#16 ·
Awron garage, knight rider dreams come true:

With the lewd air scoop that's currently in. Think of going black on it is, or getting rid, as it doesn't need it (and didn't need it anyway)

Inside the karbonius carbon airbox. Sexy prepreg carbon

Carbon GTR style hood with vents

Super massive AP racing brakes :D

New 18" rims (Apex EC7s) on Michelins PS4s. Square setup of 9.sj with ET35 all round. Needs spacers at rear, but fronts sit perfectly. Need to get some shots of it.

Finally, engine bay as it currently is, with the karbonius CSL style air intake. Also been converted to use an intake temperature / map sensor setup instead of mass air flow. And the CSL OEM flap controls that regulate the noise according to revs.

#32 ·
nah, supercharging is a bit too much, by that point I'm straining the engine, andd would have to upgrade the fuel injectors, pump, cooling... all manner of things, and I'd lose the carbon airbox.

As it is, it's actually fast enough, but not too fast, it pulls nicely, but is a bit on the limit for road use in terms of being sensible, looks like i want it to, and is a nice place to be.

Not sure what the next thing is going to be, other than maintenance. Even though it needs a new radiator as the cooling only works (when aircon is on) at outside temperatures of less than 28 celcius. Mainly as I think after 165000 miles the radiator is probably full of crap so doesn't cool efficiently anymore. But, there's some nice electric overpowered radiators for that, but as summer is almost over, not anything I have to worry about for a good long time.

#35 ·
2002, so pre facelift, but seeing as I've got the engine of a facelift car in it, and have facelift led rear lights, and have a facelift modified ECU to run the full CSL map sensor/air intake temp setup, i guess, well, the year is anyone's guess after all the mods, fixes, parts.

There's a fair amount of stuff you can't see on this car, and I think I've replaced almost everything bar the shell and the dash now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.