Pimp My Ride :D
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pimp My Ride :D

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Pimp My Ride :D

I really didn't think I'd end up with a GTR carbon hood, angel eyes or a CSL bootlid, or the front splitters, but you know, it looks good (probably not to OEM fanatics, but then, the mileage on this wouldn't make it anywhere near a candidate), and seeing as I'd started, I kind of needed to finish. Also had the arches redone and all the rust eradicated, front wings resprayed to get rid of stone chips.

Considering the state it was in, maybe I should have scrapped it, bought a better example or as one garage recommended "drive it into a tree"... But, in the end, all the nasties bar preventative rod bearings and vanos is now done, and it's really just missing a bbk... A few bits to do here and there,
    I've got some powerfold mirrors on the way for one, because, well, just because, and got to do the last few bits of interior trim (firt carbon cube armrests front and back)

And maybe I've been tempted by bucket seats after discovering just how comfy and awesome recaros are.

But, to be fair, I'm pleased, and the rest is just OCD I can put off for a while now so I can really enjoy the car.

I'm actually really surprised what a difference sorting the bodywork has made towards my feeling towards the car, it's bizarre, as there really is no mechanical explanation to it whatsoever.

Anyway, I like it, and hence I may as well put up a picture of it

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

M3 FTW.

I think that looks pretty solid man. A BBK would definitely look aces.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn

You bloody barry boy, you. I always think the BMW logo without the Bavarian colours looks weird also, but then I also saw someone who replaced the BMW logos with the M3 badge, so at least it's not that. Anyway, slightly jealous... Me and my Touran aren't quite this cool.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP Baby Metal
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: KR7, 5153, MKIV, UL

You just need a fan on teh inside so you can have your hair blowing back like steve vai. people would look over at your car and see you with your hair blowing back with the windows up and be like what the fuck

ME: Guitar?!?!
    Rig: Rig?!?

Need more pictures, can't see that CSL bootlid.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Preferably pics taken somewhere slightly more scenic, because that's a gloriously mean looking car. I'd also say somewhere sunny, but, UK and all...

I'll get some more pics at some point, I have pics of the bootlid when it went on a few months back:

I've got a load of other pictures of the bodywork as well, but need to find a good image upload site, as photobucket, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Preferably pics taken somewhere slightly more scenic, because that's a gloriously mean looking car. I'd also say somewhere sunny, but, UK and all...
    Will have to. Now the utside is finished there's no excuse for not doing a glorified shoot. We do get sun. Like 3 times a year. Which are celebrated with public holidays accompanied by weird funny ritualistic dances.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Need more pictures, can't see that CSL bootlid.
    not great ones above, but only ones I have that are uploaded somewhere where I can grab them from (ie, facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
    You just need a fan on teh inside so you can have your hair blowing back like steve vai. people would look over at your car and see you with your hair blowing back with the windows up and be like what the fuck
    Oh yes. Although it needs to be a fan in the floor, so that it blows upwards so I can look like cthulu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. S View Post
    You bloody barry boy, you. I always think the BMW logo without the Bavarian colours looks weird also, but then I also saw someone who replaced the BMW logos with the M3 badge, so at least it's not that. Anyway, slightly jealous... Me and my Touran aren't quite this cool.
    Yeah, I did think about going back to blue, but then do like the blacked out look. I haven't put the M3 badge on the back, I had one, but firstly never got round to it, and then secondly have grown to like it being unbadged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    M3 FTW.

I think that looks pretty solid man. A BBK would definitely look aces.
    BBK would be very nice, but I think that's something for next year, as they're really not cheap. Nothing on this car is cheap. Should have bought a lada.