Buying a new pickup soon...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new pickup soon...

ME: Guitar?!?!
    Rig: Rig?!?

Buying a new pickup soon...

My 04 F150 has been showing its age basically since I got it, but it's still worth what I paid for it, and I'm tired of worrying about my main vehicle, so the wife and I decided it was time for me to get a new truck.

I've been shopping for a couple weeks now, test drove a Nissan Frontier, hated its interior, then test drove a Chevy Colorado and just loved it, so that was the mark. I've been looking online for good slightly used models, but anything 2016+ is minimum 25k for the options I want. While looking around, I found a dealer in Houston offering brand new 2018 2WD Z71s with the 308hp V6 for $26,480, which is 8k below what I was quoted at my local dealer for a similar truck

So I reached out to the Internet sales manager about this, and they matched the price for this truck:

So it's a 2W Z71, tow package, cloth/leatherette seats, 8" touch screen stereo, heated/cooled seats, and the 3.6l 308hp V6 (virtually identical to the Camaro V6 that makes 335hp). I put in a deposit on it, and they'll honor that offer until Feb 28th. I'll be selling my pickup, my 04 Golf, and my Subaru, hopefully before the 28th, but if not I'll still be picking up this truck and selling everything else. Tired of having all the shitboxes to worry about, so I'm paring the herd down to only 2 shitbox BMWs

This is my first brand new vehicle, ever. I'm pretty excited.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Fuck yeah dude, sharp looking whip!

i came in here wondering why you're buying a pickup when you already make your own badass versions.

Then the picture popped and I was like oooohhhhhhh.
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindred View Post

i came in here wondering why you're buying a pickup when you already make your own badass versions.

The pickups help me afford my pickup

I'm pretty excited. The sales manager is going to send me a quote for a tonneau cover tomorrow too.

ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindred View Post

Same.

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

FWIW, I totally recommend buying a car through the Costco Buying program. No bullshit whatsoever and pretty painless. Any & all special offers still apply. I've bought 2 Ford Trucks that way ('08 Ranger & '13 F-150) and with both I think the purchase price was basically $400 over dealer invoice, and they show you the dealer invoice. The only downside I can potentially think of is that you have to deal with specific dealerships for each car brand so you might have a situation where the dealership participating in the Costco program in your area might not necessarily be the closest dealership to you.

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    FWIW, I totally recommend buying a car through the Costco Buying program. No bullshit whatsoever and pretty painless. Any & all special offers still apply. I've bought 2 Ford Trucks that way ('08 Ranger & '13 F-150) and with both I think the purchase price was basically $400 over dealer invoice, and they show you the dealer invoice. The only downside I can potentially think of is that you have to deal with specific dealerships for each car brand so you might have a situation where the dealership participating in the Costco program in your area might not necessarily be the closest dealership to you.
    I started this deal through the Navy Federal auto buying program, and did it ALL through email I did test drive a Colorado Monday, so I knew what I was getting into, and then the rest was just email. It's been a great experience, better than when I test drove on Monday, by far.

ME: Elysian Custom
    Rig: Mega Boobies Mark V 25

Thats a seriously nice truck!
    I play Suhrs, not poor people guitars. -Chris