Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Very cool pictures. :yesway: The quasar video was sweet too.
Just watched that one. I'd love to get information from his simulation on how many of the stars actually collided. I've seen similar computations in the past (one galaxy passing through another), and for a galaxy of millions of stars, only something like 2 or 3 stars actually got close enough to collide.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Just watched that one. I'd love to get information from his simulation on how many of the stars actually collided. I've seen similar computations in the past (one galaxy passing through another), and for a galaxy of millions of stars, only something like 2 or 3 stars actually got close enough to collide.
I would doubt a single star collided with another to be honest. Even if there were one trillion stars between those two galaxies, the chances of any of those stars colliding is so infintissimally small. Most galaxies are like 99% space. Stars just happen to be really bright. :lol:

What really impressed me about that video was how a star that could have been in the perfect location for life just got sent out into one of the huge voids between galaxies. :lol:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

HIV looks perfect for an album cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.