Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:lol: That hat.

You're a few ahead of me, I'm around 915-20 or so. I'll try to think of a few good questions for you. :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
- how many hours of practice did it take to get good at composing solos?
- when does your superglue endorsement start?
- what is your favourite song to play live?
- what's the hardest part about being a guitarist in 2018?
- what's the best part about being a guitarist in 2018?
- what was the first song you learned all the way through?
- what is the #1 tip you have for guitarists working on their lead playing?
- Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
- how many hours of practice did it take to get good at composing solos?
- when does your superglue endorsement start?
- what is your favourite song to play live?
- what's the hardest part about being a guitarist in 2018?
- what's the best part about being a guitarist in 2018?
- what was the first song you learned all the way through?
- what is the #1 tip you have for guitarists working on their lead playing?
- Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?
Thanks, due to the lack of questions from other people I appreciated these!

:lol: That hat.

You're a few ahead of me, I'm around 915-20 or so. I'll try to think of a few good questions for you. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
What do you look for when auditioning bandmembers? How much does it vary position by position?
What are some of the biggest challenges in online collaborations that you didn't expect? What are some of the pleasant surprises you weren't expecting, either?
What advice do you have for an independent musician in today's music industry on releasing an album?
What has been the single biggest improvement to you in recording your own music?
What's your favorite music guilty pleasure?
If you didn't play music for a living, what would you do?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
- Why do you have a Red Guitar?

yeah i saw the other post ;)

Edit:

We still need to know the difference between the Dimarzio Paf Pro vs Duncan Custom 5.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh shit, soon two months and I still haven't done the answers... :lol:

Part of it was that I did start recording/filming right away after getting answers, but my recording rig stopped working and I was sitting talking to a non-recording microphone for like 50 minutes.
So that just felt like a big waste of time and I got tired and thought "ok maybe tomorrow" and then "ok maybe next week" and so fourth.

But I will try to finish this shit off soon :p hahaha

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanna let you guys know this will never happen since I've lost absolutely all interest for making YT videos

The only things I will do occasionally is covers, and loading up some of my own songs sometimes, but nothing else

Other than that, I don't feel like making YT content is my call, and it has been wasting my time more than necessary.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
You dont find making silly faces, white font in caps and titles including "best" , "worst", "budget", etc appealing?

Look at the musicians on youtube and their video thumbnails. You really want to be that? They look ridiculous

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
You dont find making silly faces, white font in caps and titles including "best" , "worst", "budget", etc appealing?

Look at the musicians on youtube and their video thumbnails. You really want to be that? They look ridiculous
I got into this the other day on Reddit while shitting on Jared Dines, and people have done videos where they discuss their shift from small video blogger to more known, and the need for those thumbnails because despite everyone doing it, somehow it makes them still standout and grab people's attention. I'm assuming they're referring to new viewers, because the fans are going to watch regardless of the thumbnail, but yeah, there's a legit reason for having them.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I got into this the other day on Reddit while shitting on Jared Dines, and people have done videos where they discuss their shift from small video blogger to more known, and the need for those thumbnails because despite everyone doing it, somehow it makes them still standout and grab people's attention. I'm assuming they're referring to new viewers, because the fans are going to watch regardless of the thumbnail, but yeah, there's a legit reason for having them.
I was not debating whether it works or not. The question is how low do you set your dignity to make money? Do you really want to look like this? Lets point, open our mouth, point our open hand, thumbs up, look surprised,etc.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I never ever assumed I would be a "big time youtuber" because I have never had that goal.
I certainly don't have the personality for it.

However, I have definitely run out of juice and cannot possibly come up with anything interesting, and even when I do get ideas, it just doesn't feel worth the effort I put into it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
However, I have definitely run out of juice and cannot possibly come up with anything interesting, and even when I do get ideas, it just doesn't feel worth the effort I put into it.
That's me, every time I sit down to finish recording my album. :lol:

:(

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I fucking hate Marketing. Maybe not as much as Bill Hicks did, but still... :lol:

But yeah, if you're not into making YT videos, you shouldn't force yourself to do so. Just keep making those fucking bitch'n thrash albums :wub:

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Well, I never ever assumed I would be a "big time youtuber" because I have never had that goal.
I certainly don't have the personality for it.

I love watching you play. No gimics or bullshit needed. When you are tracking some new songs, record it for youtube.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts