Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Hopefully you jive with them more than you have with whatever EMGs you tried and didn't like. Of all the active pickups I've owned, I would rank my preference for the brands in this order

1. Fishman
2. Seymour Duncan Blackouts
3. EMG
4. Bartolini

So yeah, Fishman Fluence pickups are pretty awesome. I'd say "post some clips," but I haven't posted any clips of my own in a long, long time, even though I've been recording. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I've been hesitating on trying the Fluence pickups out because this test shows more noise than the passives, unlike EMGs that from my experience are absolutely quiet!
Bullshit. My Fluences are not just the quietest pickups I've ever owned, but the quietest I've ever played or heard. My EMGs are VERY quiet, but my Fluences are even quieter.

If that guy has noise, then he wired them up wrong or something.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I've been hesitating on trying the Fluence pickups out because this test shows more noise than the passives, unlike EMGs that from my experience are absolutely quiet!
Bullshit. My Fluences are not just the quietest pickups I've ever owned, but the quietest I've ever played or heard. My EMGs are VERY quiet, but my Fluences are even quieter.

If that guy has noise, then he wired them up wrong or something.
+1 I've been playing Fluence Moderns and Classics for the last two years, they are hands down the best pickups I've ever used and they are silent. Try a set and see if they work for you.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Another Fishman convert here. The Merrow set is fantastic. Great clarity and just enough balls.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I put an Abasi set and a Modern set in a couple guitars. They're good pickups, DEFINITELY exceptionally quiet. It's good technology. The one nice thing about them is that most sets have two or three different distinct tone options, so if you don't like one, you can turn it into a totally different pickup.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I've never tried them, but they were a Frank Falbo product and he's a guy who's generally done interesting and unconventional stuff, so I'd have a hard time believing they suck. I'm a little curious about the singlecoils, but haven't really felt motivated enough to buy a set.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never tried them, but they were a Frank Falbo product and he's a guy who's generally done interesting and unconventional stuff, so I'd have a hard time believing they suck. I'm a little curious about the singlecoils, but haven't really felt motivated enough to buy a set.
I like to watch Greg Koch on FB/YT, he does a live stream for about an hour, usually around this time most days of the week, and he just annihilates with them :lol:

·
Banned
1,542 Posts

I think he fucked something up when he installed them. I've got one guitar with Fluences and they are dead silent compared to anything else I have!

You should try em for yourself, Ced! Do an experiment.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I think he fucked something up when he installed them. I've got one guitar with Fluences and they are dead silent compared to anything else I have!

The main reason I switched to them was because the passives that came in my guitar were too fucking loud (but the tech who installed the Fluences said that "a lot of passives are just normally this loud" and I said "Even though they're humbuckers?" and he said "If they were single coils, they'd be a lot louder"), so I decided to put some actives in there. And from my research, the Fishman Fluences were the quietest pickups I could find, and on top of that, they had the exact tone I was searching for (plus, you could switch to different voicings per pickup, which was another bonus).

At the moment, the Fishman Fluence Modern Humbuckers are my favorite pickups, period. I've had them in my guitar for about 8-9 months now, so who knows? Maybe in 2 years from now, I might find a new favorite pickup, but I know even if that happens, my extremely high opinion of them will not change.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts

That guitar comes with them, but that doesnt mean the pots and everything was perfect from the factory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts