Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Sounds great. :yesway: I have a set of the Fishman Fluence Modern Humbuckers, but every clip I've heard of their Classic Humbuckers has sounded great too.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I like the traditional bucker look too, and " The singles are quiet and sound like single coils." also interests me as normally neck buckers split dont usually do it for me. The only split bucker I have really enjoyed in years was the one in the guitar Josh sold my friend Dave... I dont call it exactly single coil sparkly, but it had a certain mojo most dont have.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Looks and sounds great man! I think the speed holes actually look rad. :billted:
Anything that serves no purpose but confuses people who see it into thinking it serves some super advanced ultra esoteric purpose they have never even thought of is an instant plus.

Although you need a better explanation for them them "holes".

I would go with.

"Oh, those are sonic drainage ports. It's like drainage ports on a boat, but for sound. Most people don't realize it, but you get a lot of bad sounding tone trapped behind the pickguard fucking up your guitar sound. This way I'm not sinking my tone with a bunchy of stagnant sound building up behind the pickguard."

That actually sounds so convincing that I kind of think maybe ?I need to do it on my pickguards now, even though it is total BS I just made up.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Your other option for the holes is adding a miniaturized fog machine behind the pickguard activated by a toggle switch that, when enabled, causes billowing mystical (possibly scented) smoke to come out of the holes.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Oh, those are sonic drainage ports. It's like drainage ports on a boat, but for sound. Most people don't realize it, but you get a lot of bad sounding tone trapped behind the pickguard fucking up your guitar sound. This way I'm not sinking my tone with a bunchy of stagnant sound building up behind the pickguard."

That actually sounds so convincing that I kind of think maybe ?I need to do it on my pickguards now, even though it is total BS I just made up.
That's what they are, from this moment on :lol:

I mean, left-side toan will only get you so far if you're unable to drain out those right-side toanfarts :yesway:

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
That LED switch is awesome!!!!

I’ve got the Devin Townsend set getting delivered today (at least they better bet, was supposed to be here yesterday) so I’ll be spending a few hours pissing myself off by fucking up repeatedly by soldering them in tonight while I watch The Maladorian. I was really hesitant on what to order for my SZ, wanted to stick with passives but have flirted with the idea of actives as well. Once I read the DT specs I figured I couldn’t go wrong with the best of both worlds, plus the split-coil option.

They were another one of my hissy fit purchases, like Superior Drummer 3. I asked my buddy if I could snag his Evolution out of a guitar he doesn’t use and all of sudden he’s using that guitar all the time, so I said “Fuck it, I’m just buying these.”, just like the day I was pissed I couldn’t print EZD2’s multi-out to individual tracks so I said “Fuck it, I’m just buying SD3.”. As long as my hissy fits don’t stretch past $400, I should be good to go.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
From the Neural DSP school of marketing, just say the holes are for air cooling of the pickups.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
I think it sounds awesome, but honestly all of your playing lately has sounded fantastic!

Quick question though, why is your output an outie instead of an innie?

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Nice. I'm a Fishman convert, got Moderns and Classics in all of my guitars. I've got a single coil as well to go in one of my H/S guitars, but it's got a angled tab on the base which the guitar is not routed for.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.