Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my day today. My truck didn't make the trip out (waiting on the fab shop to weld up recovery points) so I rode shotgun in my buddy Andrew's Jeep (the tan one that's in most of the pics here).

Fucking awesome time. Offroading RULES. 'MERICA! :usa:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
22 too many wheels. But looks like a good day in the woods.

Off roading is best on two wheels.............

maybe not the season......just sayin. :lol:

·
One-Two-Nine-Five
598 Posts
Looks like it was an awesome time! I'm really diggin' your buddies JK, looks very simple any sturdy. The rear axle on that ranger on the other hand looks like it'll snap like a twig. :ugh:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like it was an awesome time! I'm really diggin' your buddies JK, looks very simple any sturdy. The rear axle on that ranger on the other hand looks like it'll snap like a twig. :ugh:
That JK is a beast. He has some things to sort out (front rake, for example) but for a mostly stock truck with just a lift, tires and sliders it's pretty damn capable. It was icy as fuck yesterday though, and no amount of tire is going to make it less slippery, so it did a good amount of sliding around. :lol: I can see why Jeeps are so popular though - out of the box they're pretty much ready to rip. The dude behind us in the yellow 4-door kept right up with everyone and he has nothing but sliders and is running stock tires/suspension.

That Ranger was a monster. The guy has like two grand total into the truck with (iirc) 38 or 39" boggers on it, and it didn't so much as slip once. It towed that poor 4Runner up almost every incline. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.