Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, this is taking a long time. :lol:

My new NAS has a USB feature on it to directly copy files onto it. Unfortunately, it doesn't support JFS, so I had to go over the air.

Only about 12 hours to go!

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Amazing... I was following along, and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to do that over the air...

I tried copying a few gigs worth of data over the air via a VPN one time (host over 1000 miles away), and I thought it was going to take a week...

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
over wifi? :lol: holy hell dude, would have sucked if somebody turned on the microwave and it interrupted it

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
over wifi? :lol: holy hell dude, would have sucked if somebody turned on the microwave and it interrupted it
Fortunately, I don't live in a college dorm, and my router isn't a relic from the late 80's like the one you probably use. :lol: :wub:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Fortunately, I don't live in a college dorm, and my router isn't a relic from the late 80's like the one you probably use. :lol: :wub:
Like Jeff uses anything wireless... :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Thicknet? Bah. Token ring FTW! :flex:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
He probably just uses an un-twisted clothes hanger. :shrug:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Damn, wish I had a 1.5TB Raid 5!! Was that pic showing the initialization process?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn, wish I had a 1.5TB Raid 5!! Was that pic showing the initialization process?
Naw that's the management tool. It has a web interface as well, but this tool does wake-on-LAN for them, so that they both come up when I bring my machines online, and spin down when they're off. :yesway: The other one is a RAID1 1TB that I use for actual backups (pictures, bills, things I actually care about, etc).

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Ahh, so that's showing du then. What's the "I'm here" button? lol

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually don't know what the fuck that does, it's always greyed out. :lol:

These things have media servers on them that I don't use, so I assume it's part of that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts