Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of you already know about my accident a year ago, which left my beloved GTI in this state:

I picked up a new daily driver shortly after this, and the car has been sitting in my garage, waiting for my annual bonus.

Well, the bonus just came in, so I'm going all in, ordering engine internals. I have a set of Wössner 11.0:1 pistons, Integrated Engineering forged rods, 1mm over valves and heavy duty valve springs, and Techtonics Tuning 268 degree camshafts. I'll be spending the spring tearing down the motor and rebuilding it, while the head goes off for a 3 angle valve job. After the ECU reprogram, I should be around 210hp at the wheels (stock is around 152hp).

I'll be buying a new hood and pounding out the front fender (and some miscellaneous other parts), just to get the car back up and running, so we can tune it. After that, I start hunting down body parts, and look for a good paint shop. :metal:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually need to pick up a good tripod, so I can set it in one spot and continually snap pics as I work.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the exhaust that is already on it:

MJM Autohaus

I need to find a set of headers with a 2.5" exit, and 2.5" cat, so I can replace the last bit of 2.25" in the exhaust system.

It's already a bit loud, so it's not going to be sleeper. It's impossible to do work to a VR6 and keep it quiet. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol:

I got a set of Girling G60 dual pistons on there right now, painted black. I'm not going to be one of those douchebags painting my calipers funny colors. They're very compact, fitting underneath a 15" wheel.

Plus, they're a drop-in replacement for the Girling G54 single piston calipers that come stock.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Why not go all out and fit a supercharger? Or turbo it. Remember that twin engined VR6 I posted a while back? Motherfucker got bored, so fitted a turbo to both motors and each made over 400bhp...

[action=James]realises that 400bhp through the front wheels is a tad OTT, but it shows the potential[/action]

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
The logistics of having two engines powering separate wheels still boggle the mind. :lol:
Not really. Take one good FWD car and a rear-ended car of the same model, cut the engine bay out of the crashed one and weld it into the back of the second. One engine powers the front wheels, one the back.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Not really. Take one good FWD car and a rear-ended car of the same model, cut the engine bay out of the crashed one and weld it into the back of the second. One engine powers the front wheels, one the back.
Yeah, because it's not like one TINY difference in the weight of one component is going to change the speed of the crank at the same RPM on each engine :lol:

All you need is a fraction of an mph out and you're killing tyres.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You first. :fawk:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.